The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 1)

“We have always been at peace with Cascadia”

13 Likes

2 Likes

Just need to make sure mainland Florida doesn’t take out the Keys as it floats out to sea. We might need to bungee it to Bermuda before making the final cut…

7 Likes

Right. If Fla. floated out due East sparing the Keys and stopped short of Bermuda, it would make a great barrier island for hurricanes to weaken over.

8 Likes

Great idea!

We don’t want to damage the Bahamas, either. Maybe put a towel or blanket in between?

7 Likes

Gonna cross-post this to the BLM thread.

16 Likes

“parishioners” is stupid, too. They don’t have parishes, it’s not an established church that has grown over the centuries. Those don’t need Facebook pray buttons. Why not just “the faithful” or something?

4 Likes

Rubes?

5 Likes

11 Likes

Hey guys, somehow there just aren’t any ‘conservative’ people in public health programs which means ‘liberal’ students don’t learn how to argue convincingly to them and so…well, I can’t even with this:

16 Likes
13 Likes

Which conservatives? Democrats? I think I’ve met a few Democrats who are in public health.

Republican’s aren’t conservatives. They are fascists. Full stop.

14 Likes

That too!

The whole thing is a mess.

11 Likes

International assholes are fair game here, too, I assume.

13 Likes

Wow, that’s a lot of tripe.

the people spreading the message about the Covid vaccine don’t look or sound much like the people who need to heed this message.

Umm, most of the public health officials I’ve seen look like white people who work in a building, so…? Then:

For understandable reasons, conservatives have always been scarce in our seminar rooms and hallways

Understandable, yet left unstated in the article because…?

And one more:

I fear that many struggle to distinguish truly unworthy arguments presented by some conservatives—say, prevarication about climate change, or denying the Republican Party’s long history of voter suppression and appeals to white racism—from more worthy and serious arguments presented by conservatives that everyone should learn from and address.

His one example of a worthy conservative view? Public employee unions wield excessive influence. :woman_facepalming:t2:

Plus, we do have conservative HCWs, if not officials. Lots of them are refusing to get vaccinated, even though they should know better. I don’t see how getting them to health official status would necessarily change that.

15 Likes

All carrot no stick! Just go ahead and understand all the people they kill were just you know bargaining chips. That’s ok right?

\s

14 Likes

What a load of bollocks…

Not least as Roskosmos themselves had confirmed the hole was drilled during the construction of the capsule.

2018-09-04:

The boss of Russian space agency Roskosmos has confirmed that last week’s air leak aboard the International Space Station (ISS) was the result of engineers getting handy with a drill.
Dimitry Rogozin, who famously suggested NASA transport its astronauts to the ISS using a trampoline, said that the hole had been caused by a drill, and identifying the culprit was “a matter of honour”.
[…]

15 Likes
3 Likes

Not only is it already a stretch and a half to blame public health messaging being the problem here, but the article is filled with concrete one-sided evidence of a massive problem of not giving a shit about healthcare from Republicans and then has to invent extremely unlikely fake public health experts that got drummed out of the field by theoretical confirmation bias. I know Politico wonks like to both sides the shit out of everything, but as partisanship increases they do a hilariously bad job presenting their centrist nonsense.

6 Likes

It’s amazing to me the next level grift and gaslighting they’ve managed to play on investors that the pile of shit they’re sitting on must have a pony underneath it all*. A company that has never turned a profit.

*All credit to one C. Doctorow.

9 Likes