The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 1)

Seriously! Disruption? Tech? Anyone can have an app for taxis. Anyone. There are real technological miracles behind it (GPS, mobile phone ubiquity, mobile data, cloud servers) they are responsible for none of it.

They have no reason to exist.

9 Likes

It didn’t quite rock my world in quite the same way as finding out about MMT but it’d probably make the top 5!

2 Likes

Update on this:

In this version, it was the property owner who wanted him out🤷🏻‍♀️
The cabin burned down while he was in jail.
But it sounds like overall maybe a happy ending. A Friends group is offering him a place to live overlooking the same river. Or talking about it, anyway. And he’s getting a lot of other offers. :heart:

15 Likes

How…convenient for the property owner.

18 Likes

Yeah, I hope the FD is looking at him for arson…

13 Likes

The owner is 86 and, according to the “hermit” in an earlier article, pretty okay. From what I read, an “agent” sent out to kind of decommission the cabin cut off the solar panels. So far the FD thinks fire might’ve been caused by the charge left in the panels (?) or from sparks from cutting the metal supports. I don’t think they’ll ever know for sure. But I’m glad this guy is getting offers of other places to live.

13 Likes

If he just chopped the wires, the panels would still be generating hundreds of watts in sunlight, perhaps through a short. A red hot wire touching wood would do the job.

10 Likes
6 Likes
17 Likes

Works like 2 people is worth a third more?

Not being late is the second highest achievement?

This guy (I’m assuming) is shit at HR at the very least.

17 Likes

How is that supposed to motivate you to work harder lol

14 Likes

“Out Performs the Owner”

Makes only $15/hr, compared to what the owner possibly generates for themselves? Fuck that, open up your own franchise.

16 Likes

I’m sure you’re aware of the saying that if hard work made you rich then sub Saharan African women would be the richest group in the world.

It’s called capitalism for a reason. Not labourism. You can work twice as hard as the owner but he’s got the capital and that gets the rewards.

17 Likes

They think a supervisor is only worth $12 per hour, and that doing more work than the owner is only worth $15… which is just the minimum wage here in CA?

Good luck getting any of those positions filled.

16 Likes

Not only that, but you will also get the line that the owner shoulders all the responsibility, when in reality, it’s the general manager on down.

16 Likes

Yep. It’s the (checks board) 9.00/hr part-timer who gets screamed at close-range by an anti-masker because the owner cheaped out and changed the brand of coffee beans.

17 Likes
13 Likes
13 Likes

Damn

7 Likes

Why are they even pretending to have seating?

13 Likes