The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 1)

(For anyone who might not know, Jeff Bezos owns the Washington Post.)

17 Likes

But it shows Jeff approves of the plan! Thumbs up!

:face_vomiting:

I mean, the scary thing is that Jeff Bezos has about the same multiple of wealth over Mike Bloomberg as an average CEO has over a corporate junior executive. Jeff could have hired Mike (or just pressured him) to run agains Bernie and Liz, just to disrupt their candidacies. That’s the disproportionate wealth difference he has over Mike Bloomberg.

14 Likes

Dumb video, but it covers the common sense basics.

4 Likes

The kids were 6. You couldn’t even make these people into the villains of a movie; they’d be panned as “unrealistically evil.”

8 Likes

That’s Vancouver Wa USA, not Vancouver BC Can. (Since they’re a banned terror organization in Canada.)

16 Likes

Not just assholes. That’s terrorism, plain and simple. Even if the mom of the girl who is seeking a mask exemption has reason, by aligning with the PBs, she’s shown who she really is. At best a pawn, but more likely just as much of a bad actor as they are.

13 Likes

FBI Report Warned Boogaloo Bois Are Buying Amazon Ring Cams in Case They Need to Ambush Agents

9 Likes
6 Likes

Michael Buble Gotcha GIF by bubly

11 Likes
12 Likes

RÀsÀnen on entertainment show

The inclusion of former interior minister PÀivi RÀsÀnen (CD) on The Masked Singer, a reality singing competition show, is drawing criticism, reports Swedish-language daily Hufvudstadsbladet. RÀsÀnen, a Christian Democrat, has made numerous negative statements about homosexuals, and this spring she was accused of three counts of incitement against a minority group.

Commercial broadcaster MTV3 defended its decision to include RÀsÀnen on the show, saying producers booked participants earlier in the year, before the prosecutor filed charges against RÀsÀnen. The broadcaster also said it did not want to discriminate against anyone.

“I can’t help but comment on the matter. From a personal standpoint, the situation is very strange, laughing and applauding a person who has spent decades fighting against rights for people like me,” Christoffer Strandberg, one of the show’s hosts, said on social media over the weekend.

7 Likes

This has been a problem for years, even before 9/11. Far right groups embraced lone wolfism as their primary strategy since the 1980s to keep their networks intact, and the national law enforcement agencies FUCKING FELL FOR THAT SHIT. The single biggest terrorist attack in US history prior to 9/11 was the OKC bombing, carried out by white supremacists inspired by The Turner Diaries. :woman_shrugging: They’ve always depended on violence to carry out their agenda, and that did not change just because some civil rights laws got passed. FFS, the ONLY actual coup that was successfully carried out was to get out a government that included Black people
 This will continue UNTIL WE DISMANTLE WHITE SUPREMACIST GROUPS.

20 Likes

Someone that addlepated still managed to pass the exams. smh.

15 Likes

Yeah, but think how bad it was in the olden days! /s

10 Likes

Not sure where else to put this, so

10 Likes

They distrust the vaccines, but think the crossing buttons work.

200wb

17 Likes

potato GIF

8 Likes

They do work. You know that right? Some pedestrian crossing buttons turn the traffic lights red straight away (outside schools at certain times for example), some insert pedestrian signals into the sequence where they would not be otherwise (at night for example), and some lights are on a strict sequence that nothing interferes with (those same lights during daytime).

I’m sick of people saying they do nothing when it is verifiably false to regular pedestrians.

4 Likes

Uh

It strongly depends upon the specific area, in my personal experience.

‘Less desirable’ low income/inner-city areas?
Maybe 2 out of every 5 works, if you’re lucky.

Affluent neighborhoods where the local grocery store is Whole Foods (or an even more pricey equiv?)

Most of those cross walk buttons work just fine and dandy

12 Likes

The behavior of one near me depends completely on traffic conditions. 6AM on Sunday morning? It’s instant. Rush hour? You’ll be waiting three minutes or so, but you WILL get your signal.

I’ve noticed placebo buttons in some elevators (particularly, the “door close” button). Sometimes those are only available if the elevator is switched into fireman mode, while in other buildings they work as advertised.

5 Likes