The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 1)

Sorry based on here where it’s kind of simple: outside schools at specific times they change the lights straight away. Outside of that, at times they have a function, pedestrians are low priority.

This is in stark contrast to the induction loops detecting cars which always give the cars priority, the pedestrian begging buttons are not priority so the predominantly pensioners, mothers with children, and children just have to wait becaus car drivers are the important thing.

3 Likes
12 Likes
8 Likes
6 Likes

Yes, your comment was anecdotal.

2 Likes

Huh…

“Rabies is actually from malnourishment and mistreatment,"

I wonder how she’d feel about being locked in a room with a bunch of bats. If provided plenty of nutritious food and emotional support, she could prove her theory.

13 Likes

Near my workplace, they put a pedestrian crosswalk signal across the driveway into Whole Foods. In other words, TPTB decided to prioritize vehicles going in and out of WF over pedestrians. Not a good look.

9 Likes
7 Likes

:joy: release them, indeed!
I can’t remember if I’ve posted this before, but if anyone is interested in learning about rabies from someone other than a woo woo spokesperson, I found this book fascinating:

Well written, and includes really interesting historical vignettes.

13 Likes

I think the only story on This American Life (is that still being made?) that I ever listened to again was the one about a woman bitten by a rabid raccoon. Eep!!

10 Likes

OMG, I heard- that one! Remember how after the whole harrowing incident, the thing that finally brought her to tears was trying to navigate the heartless USian healthcare circus?
A landlord of mine had recently had a scare. Someone in the family found a bat and they put it in a terrarium or something so the two young sons could experience wildlife…then they learned of the rabies threat. Poor woman was almost driven over the edge just trying to figure out how to get them all shots. $20k a pop, iirc. Or maybe total for the 3 who’d handled the bat. Either way, too much!

11 Likes

I do remember that. Talk about Just Plain Assholes! The ones getting rich off our health-related miseries, I mean.

Bats in a terrarium? Kids handling a bat?? Terrible ideas all around!! :grimacing:

13 Likes

That’s a major societal problem in general; cars and industry (ie, profits) are greatly valued over actual people.

12 Likes

ROI People < ROI Vehicles

Says Board of Directors.

5 Likes

I had to look!

9 Likes

Beauteous.

Looks like another piece by that underappreciated artist, Batson De Belfrey.

9 Likes

16 Likes

See the “rich and corporations” part? That’s them.

I know you know that. It’s worth saying it, though.

15 Likes

Too true.

The whole quote probably wouldn’t work at all if he’d just put “corporate” before “media.”

13 Likes
8 Likes