The gig economy has come for eviction enforcement

Yes, they are now monetizing poverty on both the supply side and the demand side.

6 Likes

I remember the scene from Grapes Of Wrath where the farmer meets the bulldozer driver with a shotgun & the driver states ‘No offence, I need this job to feed my family.’

4 Likes

Shit just doesn’t get any more dystopian than this. Congrats, 2020.

2 Likes

Want to bet?

4 Likes

Do not taunt dynamite monkey paw.

5 Likes

This is the endgame of modern economics. Appalling

2 Likes

Not trying to nitpick here, but you forgot to add the -ly on the end like how the app-builders do.

Bye-ly, a message posted to you by the app that automates sign offs.

3 Likes

Sta-Z, meet my new competing app, Cagey Bee.

3 Likes

My app - Snoopr - will wipe the floor with you all.

Our marketing droid’s first choice was SnUpr but we’re hoping to get Snoop Dog as a spokesperson if we keep it this way. Or he’ll complain about us or sue us or something. Either way we get publicity out of him.

We see some real synergy by linking it to our Covid tracker app. If the Covid app detects that you’ve been in contact within someone the app decides has Covid and you then run into them again later, it’ll automatically shop them to Rozzr, our public private partnership policing app netting you some extra citizenship points.

Oh and it’ll report you too (since you shouldn’t have been able to run across them again if you were self-isolating as required) unless of course, you pay for the premium version…

3 Likes

/starts work on Smershify… "Death to Spy Apps!

4 Likes

That vaguely reminds me of…

3 Likes

Wait, you need to PAY them to get them to give you gig jobs?
That sounds like so many self-publishing scams (in the publishing business, Yog’s Law says “money is supposed to flow TO the author, or it’s a scam”) or even Nigerian 419.

It’s bad enough that since your Uber job isn’t getting enough customers to pay the rent, you have to take gigs evicting other Uber drivers, or maybe have them pay you to evict yourself, and use that payment to pay your rent?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.