The GOP tax plan will pay millionaires to subsidize failing religious schools

But they will only ever get back the taxes they originally owed. So at best they will pay 0% in taxes. It’s not a “risk-free return on investment”. There’s no “profit.” It’s just a way to pay no taxes (after having given a substantial amount of money away to the religious school of their choice).

1 Like

futurama-suspiciousfry

3 Likes

So I could get a 37% return on my investment? Holy shit guys, there’s gold in them hills!

That the hills are made of poor people is just an unfortunate side effect …right?

2 Likes

If you want to make them twitch, remind them that everyone’s religion gets this break.

5 Likes

If public schools suck so bad that parents are moving their kids out of them and if private schools are failing, who’s educating the kids?

No one. I often get kids in my intro history classes from public HS who have been seriously under served.

4 Likes

Generally speaking, yes. But that sounds way simpler than it is.

Really only Americans in the upper middle class and higher brackets can manage the bookkeeping and related nonsense. Everyone poorer either has not enough tax burden subject to deductions, or has not the resources to track their charitable expenditures well enough to risk an audit.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.