The GOP's Official 2020 platform is literally just a loyalty pledge to Trump

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/08/24/the-gops-official-2020-platf.html

6 Likes

Long read but worth the time.

20 Likes

WHEREAS everything we’d normally say about substantial issues would be a pure bullshit waste of our time and yours

WHEREAS no one who gives a single millifuck could conceivably be persuaded by our case on its merits

RESOLVED that the RNC insists nothing can change, nothing matters, nothing is real, and having positions or principles is just an obstacle to winning for its own sake

26 Likes

Hey, at least he got the backing of most of his family.

11 Likes

What are we against? Those guys!

What are we for? Being against those guys!

22 Likes

Not a quote-glitch, it’s in the original. Guess they’ve resovlved to not hire any proofreaders.

14 Likes

Not until they’ve had their covfefe, anyway.

15 Likes

Revovlvution is the sovlvution

13 Likes

“The revolvolution will not be telvevised.“
—Gil Scott-Hervlon

12 Likes

So half of the key speakers for their convention is literally the Trump family? Do these whackos not understand that the United States of America is not a monarchy?

8 Likes

Remember when Donald Trump Jr. said this? Good times.

15 Likes

Spellcheck is clearly a leftist plot as well.

9 Likes

C’mon, GOP, we already know you went full fascist a while back. No need to re-state the obvious.

12 Likes

It is now.

3 Likes

If Gil Scott-Heron were alive today, he’d be a Republican.

</sarcasm>
4 Likes

17 Likes

Half of the people in that lineup are trumps. Let that sink in…

2 Likes

I had to wipe my glasses, because what I first saw in that line was ‘half the people in the lineup are turnips.’

I was disappointed in rereading it. I’d prefer turnips.

9 Likes

To quote the late Molly Ivins, “It sounded better in the original German.”

(Bonus: Here’s the cover of German newsmagazine Stern from 3 years ago today. You can’t say they didn’t try to warn us.)

8 Likes

He is something much less than a moron. But him saying this works, on the sorts of people who’d watch Fox News.

If you’re too addled by inattention, advanced age, spite, pills, booze, and lack of education to follow a sentence from one end to the other, then all you retain is a vague sense that certain nouns go together; in this case “Hunter Biden” and “nepotistic grift”. Having Diaper Don on the screen only serves to amplify the latter.

1 Like