The greatest toy ever made is back! The Evel Knievel Stunt Cycle

Sweet! This was my second favorite toy as a kid. My favorite was the Six Million Dollar Man figure and spaceship/operating table combo.

2 Likes

This, and Super Jock who you whacked his helmet down and he kicked field goals.

4 Likes

My brother, who’s nearing 50, still has his.

3 Likes

SSP Blazer Bike in eco-friendly green! Came with a gold-painted rider but the relentless cycle of acceleration and collision did for him pretty quick, leaving the Blazer pristine in its unadorned lethality. Add some Wiz-z-zer tops to the field as whirring alien opponents/mediators/observers, all interacting among lots of Lego building-y constructions for SMASHY-SMASHY action and to hopefully blunt the Blazer’s frequent attacks on the drywall. Indoor fun! Couldn’t play outside because of the older brothers. And the Jarts.

3 Likes

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/6/130622-grand-canyon-stunts-wallenda/#:~:text=Evel%20Knievel%20always%20wanted%20to,the%20hopes%20of%20luring%20tourists.

1 Like

But… Does it come with the Scramble Van?

4 Likes

OMG…I remember those. I never got the smash up derby cars but my most favorite toy of my youth was the Pit Change Charger. Comes with impact wrench, engine hoist and dented fender!

I’m on the hunt for a mint version. So far I’ve found complete sets in the $250 range on eBay.

4 Likes

I had Evel, The Bionic Man, and the rocket/surgery center as well. Evel on his cycle was definitely one of the best toys ever made.

My Bionic Man was destroyed by a friend who, instead of rolling up the rubber covering his arm to access the bionics, peeled his arm like a banana. My favorite part of that figure was rubber I-beam that came with him, though. More toys should come with mock structural supports!

I still have quite a few of my '70s toys. The full Mego Star Trek Enterprise playset (with transporter!), along with Captain Kirk, Uhura, Spock, and a Klingon. Several Micronauts toys, including Biotron, the “walking” robot. Gaiking from the Shogun Warriors collection of giant robot toys (plus Godzilla, who could shoot his fist, for some reason). Not to mention many, many Star Wars toys, games, books, bed sheets, and more. There were some great toys back then!

3 Likes

I had a different Evel Knievel van that had a plastic canopy in the back. I think that it was some kind of medical rescue vehicle because, lordy, he needed medical attention more often than not.

There was something about the cheap plastic they used in those toys that produced what I called “plastic rust”. This gritty green stuff would always develop in the corners of the toys, especially that Knievel van. I have no idea why. Kind of like “That white dog poop from the '70s”, as Sarah Silverman put it.

1 Like

I’ll see your Evil Knievel toy and raise you…

1 Like

Big SSP Smashup Derby fan in my youth. Never got the Evel Knievel Stunt Cycle. I think I was a teenager by the time it came out.

Ideal, Mattel, Kenner, Marx and whoever made those little green army men were the toy makers of my youth.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.