The Happy Mutant's Filmgoer's and Video Viewer's Companion

I saw the BBC miniseries version a few years ago. (Paul Dano was the most accurate Bezukov to date) Then I went back to read the book as “my commute read”. For a book whose length is the butt of jokes, it was enjoyable.

I picked up the Russian film version while doing a Viewing tour of foreign war films.

2 Likes

Then you will appreciate this article.

1 Like

last bbc series in which he had a leading role? Or maybe Avenue 5 was a swing and a miss.

3 Likes

It was wacky. It made my eyes roll a lot, but if there is a season 2 I will watch it.

4 Likes

I agree. I just loved the silliness of Avenue 5. It was a slow burn, but worth it for me.

3 Likes
5 Likes
3 Likes
7 Likes

Andersen Air Force Base stars in upcoming Netflix film ‘Operation Christmas Drop’

Could this bee the feel-good romp about the USAF dropping stuff the world is waiting for?

4 Likes
4 Likes

Haven’t seen a good air force movie since The Starfighters.

4 Likes
5 Likes

Glad I recorded all of my holiday specials. It takes too much time to figure out which network or service would have a specific show - especially in November and December. Sometimes, I couldn’t find any station showing certain classic movies because of some licensing or financial conflict. Now, the only ones I track are holiday clip shows, like the SNL episodes.

3 Likes

Here’s an upcoming documentary I plan to watch:

More on Beethoven in China:

5 Likes
3 Likes

Just watched “Attack the Block” for the third time, although it was the first time my SO has seen it. Fucking brilliant, although Ms Immutable did occasionally ask me to translate Brixton into Australian English. Now I wonder if the Asian Dub Foundation Guide to South London wasn’t enough of a language tutorial.

5 Likes

‘Pathfinders’ - the Pioneering Science Fiction Television Series

4 Likes
4 Likes

The Wicker Man (1973)- One of the greatest horror movies ever made, the frightful tale of a doomed Christian police sergeant investigating an alleged human sacrifice on an insular heathen island in Northern England

I’m sure you could also make a horror film about what happens to people who claim Scotland is Northern England. Summerisle being in the Hebrides is a key plot point.

11 Likes

I really love the cartoons made by this studio.

5 Likes