The Happy Mutant's Filmgoer's and Video Viewer's Companion

More reasons why he will always be considered cool. But this takes the cake

He has a good excuse for not knowing the words, He’s Canadian. Its wasn’t HIS national anthem.

4 Likes

We have ~160 Criterion flicks; they fill in gaps that others miss.

4 Likes
2 Likes
5 Likes
6 Likes

Here I was hoping for a second they meant the 1848 revolution

2 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes
7 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes
7 Likes

For an adaption of a book which has served as a doorstop in much of the world, it is surprisingly watchable if one treats it like a 4 part TV miniseries and watches 1 part per day rather than as a 7.5 hour marathon. Only drawback is Sergei Bondarchuk is about 20 years too old for the part he played.

3 Likes

Tried and failed to watch this ages ago. Of course, it was an ugly looking pan and scanned dubbed VHS.

1 Like

Finally watched Glengarry Glen Ross. (I know, I know: “What took you so long!?”)

Excellent ensemble acting; snappy dialogue; and very spirited cussing… and lots of it — very cathartic. Definitely a dark comedy. (Al Pacino was brilliant and pretty much stole every scene as the ace salesman.)

7 Likes

Criterion has it if you’re still interested. :slight_smile:

1 Like

They tried and died.
(Sorry, watching Dune today)

6 Likes

the book itself is also surprisingly readable. i read it one summer while we vacationed in jamaica and i enjoyed it immensely.

4 Likes

WeepyFavoriteArcticseal-small

8 Likes

The Night Manager actor will play a Conservative minister attempting to out-run his past.

I will say right off I loved The Night Manager, and I think most Le Carre’ stuff converted to screen is middling, at best. It was great, and Hugh Laurie was perfect in it.

That said… it’s Hugh Laurie, they’re gonna reference that to bring his career to mind? Did The Night Manager DVD just go on sale?

6 Likes