The Happy Mutant's Filmgoer's and Video Viewer's Companion

It’s not the funky gibbon.

5 Likes

Oooh, Bill Oddie!

I actually remember this song from when I was a little kid.

4 Likes

Cool themes! The most memorable ones to me were from cop and detective shows:

4 Likes

Two of my faves

And the best outro theme ever

5 Likes
3 Likes

This looks excellent…

As gaeilge!

7 Likes

Excited Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

7 Likes

I liked the trailer. But I have no Idea what is going on.

3 Likes

Time to repost one of my most favorite comedy sketches ever:

10 Likes
6 Likes

Looking forward to to season 3

6 Likes

Yes!! I really enjoyed the first two and I’m really looking forward to the third.

For All Mankind Lol GIF by Apple TV+

Totally my favorite character :point_up_2:

5 Likes

Yeah she’s great.

4 Likes

I really didn’t like her at the beginning. There’s a few I didn’t like early on but as it progressed I really warmed to them and being a space nerd as a kid this was my kind of show.

4 Likes

The show did a great job developing characters. The show also felt somewhat nostalgic because The Right Stuff was one of my favorite movies when I was a kid and this show felt like an alternate universe continuation of that.

4 Likes

Exactly that! Definitely a character-driven show and a little bit nostalgia, a little bit fantastical.

Trying not to say too much because spoilers …exciting, interesting, tense, emotional and spaceships!!

4 Likes

The first season ran at the same time as Disney+ had The Right Stuff series. (It wasn’t good)

Watching them both concurrently put me in “Gordo Overload”.

Looking forward to season 3 of For All Mankind

4 Likes

Check This Out GIF

And yeah, don’t want to spoil anything.

4 Likes

She’s a small medium at large. He’s a tall psychic who can tell the history of an object just by touching it. And Peter Falk is a man in search of hidden treasure in Ecuador: for some reason he needs both Goldblum and Lauper to help. Luckily, they’re terrific together. Seriously, the chemistry is off the goddamn charts. Lauper delivers her lines like a pre-code Jean Harlow (“I had that guy eating out of my hand. No really, there’s still some melon!”) and Goldblum leans into his gangly charm. There is a tango scene, and it is marvelous. And the outfits…good lord, the outfits. To call this film a camp masterpiece would be under-selling it. Camp is what happens when Jeff Goldblum and Cyndi Lauper make a movie together. High camp is what happens when that movie also stars Peter Falk and involves an original (extremely racially-insensitive) song by Cyndi Lauper called “Hole in My Heart.”

Might have to check this one out.

6 Likes

I had never heard of this (Danny Boyle produced it)…

But here is some commentary around the film by the Blindboy Podcast from a post-colonial perspective, which starts at about 30 minutes in to just over 35 minutes:

4 Likes