The Imperial March, but every other beat is missing

Originally published at: The Imperial March, but every other beat is missing | Boing Boing

4 Likes

After listening to this I wanted to hear the opposite version.

8 Likes

Playing the LP at 16, rather than 33 RPM, gives the Imperial Slow March, which would work well in a funeral procession.

1 Like

5 Likes

Designed for watching the movie in portrait format?

3 Likes

I haven’t seen a turntable that had a 16 2/3 RPM setting for a few decades. Seeing it mentioned here, it set off a blinking question mark in the back of my head. I like vinyl records and spent a lot of time in record shops… But I have never witnessed a 16 RPM record. So I had to go and look it up.

Turns out that they were only made for a brief span of time in the 50s and 60s and were audiobooks, primarily. The most popular application was probably the Bible. Another sort of cool feature was that, being 1/2 of 33-1/3 RPM, you could buy a little step-down platter to put on the spindle of your 33 RPM turntable instead of having to buy a new component.

Thanks (and apologies, as needed) for the digession.

6 Likes

The Imperial Stumble

3 Likes

Nothing will top short-attention-span Stairway To Heaven.

1 Like

It’s still great!

Personally I love this old classic too:

7 Likes

Oddly enough it still works and is recognizable and like @allenk I’d like to hear the other 2nd and 4th beats (just the removed part)

2 Likes

Very “Souza-ish”.

4 Likes

Is it just me, or does that actually kind of work? It’s like the notes that are left are happier …

2 Likes

In my opinion the best thing about the Solo movie was it had an imperial recruitment video, and the Imperial March in a major key was the background music for it.

4 Likes

Me neither, but the family stereo was compatible with all available formats: 16, 33, 45 and 78.

1 Like

Fun, but it’s no Get Lucky.

3 Likes

Nnnnnnoooooooo!!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.