The KODAK PrintaCase Printer is a fun way to make your iPhone as unique as you

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/21/the-kodak-printacase-printer-is-a-fun-way-to-make-your-iphone-as-unique-as-you.html

If you flip it over, you can play Candy Crush on the other side

4 Likes

a $10 savings

I’\d just like to point out, in a futile protest against the grammatical idiocy that has overtaken US English, that savings is a plural noun and should not be used with the definite article in this way. It is a saving - one single saving, not several, multiple savings.

I write this in the entirely vain hope (see - one single hope, not ‘in the hopes’) that it might have an effect.

5 Likes

1 Like

So, it’s a printer for $120 that only prints photos for the back of proprietary cell phone cases on proprietary paper? :thinking:

I think this Kodak licensee has just upped the bar for most useless product during a pandemic.

4 Likes

Wow, this gave me crazy nostalgia flashbacks to my Nokia 3205, which had a clear case you could print out designs for. I made an original Super Mario Bros design to match my charm strap (back when that was a thing).

This is garbage though. You could get a clear phone case, scissors, 50 sheets of photo paper, and a regular ass inkjet printer for less money.

3 Likes

That’s exactly what I have been doing, for years. Except, for the camera cutout, you really want a scalpel and cutting mat rather than scissors.

3 Likes

“dye sub process”, not “dye subprocess”. Short for “dye sublimation”, the process by which dye in gaseous form is taken up by the special (expensive!) “paper”.

4 Likes

If (US metro area) shopping malls ever come back into vogue, I would rather enlist the help of one of the kiosk merchants to print a one-off design and provide and install a matching case as opposed to paying the upfront costs and taking a risk of substandard prints and having to “try again” to get the right outcome.

I don’t for see the need to maybe do this more than twice in the lifetime of a particular phone model.

(Mine is the one in the plain black ruggedized Otter Box.)

2 Likes

I am such a snowflake, I am afraid an iPhone™ case will never be enough to express my exquisite uniqueness.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.