The lawyer said preserve all records. Sam Bankman-Fried hit delete instead

Originally published at: The lawyer said preserve all records. Sam Bankman-Fried hit delete instead. | Boing Boing

12 Likes

shocked philip j fry GIF

22 Likes

I just watched this this morning

14 Likes

Never seen her channel before. Good arguments, but the fetish wear is a bit weird.

Probably gets her a lot more views though.

2 Likes

Come On Please GIF by NBA

Or maybe… just maybe… how she’s dressed is irrelevant, and that’s the point.

11 Likes

Sure would be nice if sometime this century we’d learn to treat rapacious accumulators of wealth with the disdain, pity, and mental health treatment needed to prevent brazen and delusional frauds like SBF, Musk, Zuckerberg, et al, from continuing to screw us all over.

14 Likes

“Effective Altruism” and “Longtermism” are both feel-good beards for the underlying short-term Libertarian selfishness. Studiously Schlubby Sam is behaving exactly as one might expect when he has to face real consequences for his grifting.

20 Likes

It’s a show. The theatrics are integral. I highly recommend watching all her videos. If you go back to the very beginning of the channel it might be confusing at first, but stick with it!

And then check out https://www.contrapoints.com/

12 Likes

As I understand it, the courts take this kind of pre-emptive and obvious elimination of evidence very poorly. Especially when it’s directly and blatantly against the rules, as in this case.

[Edited to make the phrasing clearer.]

11 Likes

And his bail wasn’t revoked?

7 Likes

And remember that the guy on the old videos is also Abigail just playing a role.

7 Likes

Thanks for letting me discover that channel, if this is typical of her productions, she’s well worth watching!

And about EA/LT, I just stumbled on this from the insufferable asshole Scott Adams thread:

So, who would have said, two disgusting people’s actions brought me a little joy.
I think MacAskill would dispute the math, though. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Repost (from the crypto thread):

via

11 Likes

It is.

I love her stuff.

5 Likes

I feel that Abigail always makes a good point; and in an entertaining manner. She generally creates one or two characters for each video. They each serve a purpose.

4 Likes

Have you seen Jessie Gender? I find Jessie Gender, Natalie Wynn and Abigail Thorn all interesting and informative; along with Sophie From Mars, Kat Blaque, and Thought Slime.

3 Likes

It is not enough to steal billions through one scam or another. You also need a philosophical rationale for sneering at and feeling morally superior to non-wealthy altruists.

5 Likes

:heart: ThoughtSlime!!

3 Likes

Mildread is such a treasure. I wish them a happy life. :heart_eyes: I’m amazed at how they face up to their issues and turn exploring them in to insightful video essays. And I’m not just saying that 'cause Bobby Dook (Star a da Show!) threatened to move in to my air ducts.

3 Likes