The Line (Witching Savannah Book 1) by JD Horn

[Permalink]

Is this some Young Adult stuff with hormone inducing romance?

Tell me more about the zombie and spacefaring stuff.

Oh man, I read this a while back on the free trial of amazon unlimited. It was bad. Oh, so bad. The writing was painful, the characters stilted, the only sign of life, character-wise, was also gobsmackingly racist, and the author is apparently incapable of relating to women as actual real human beings rather than These Strange Creatures Called Female Who Do Things for Reasons. Also, as I recall, it involves the main character getting raped and impregnated and then deciding to play happy families with her rapist because he just couldn’t help himself because he loved her so much.

I used to live a block from that fountain.

Maybe one of these days I’ll get around to Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil.

So the book’s accurate in one aspect, at least.

The character wasn’t a racist, she was written by a racist is probably a better way of saying it. Or at least, a less inaccurate way of saying it. I suppose one can do a racist thing without being a racist in the “yeah, other races are inferior” sense.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.