The "Lol, no" saga: the lawyer's savage follow-up

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/05/15/thelol-no-saga-lawyers-savage-message-to-the-other-attorneys.html

19 Likes

Drag Race Reaction GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

24 Likes

My favorite part (bold part my emphasis):

The LAPD is not expected to like the existence of “Fuck the LAPD” merchandise. But their sole remedy is to not do things that result in people wanting to buy and wear “Fuck the LAPD” merchandise. I understand that would be a difficult task. But I promise you that it would still be easier than trying to get a court to rule that “Fuck the LAPD” shirts violate the LAPD’s intellectual property rights.

44 Likes
13 Likes

My favorite part was the short paragraph above this:

Too damned bad.

:joy:

16 Likes

In a thing of such exquisite, crystalline beauty, that is a gloriously shining facet of snark.
Man, I wish I got paid to be that rude to idiots.

19 Likes

The LAPD is not expected to like the existence of “Fuck the LAPD” merchandise. But their sole remedy is to not do things that result in people wanting to buy and wear “Fuck the LAPD” merchandise. I understand that would be a difficult task. But I promise you that it would still be easier than trying to get a court to rule that “Fuck the LAPD” shirts violate the LAPDF’s intellectual property rights.

What a beautifully written paragraph.

chefs-kiss

17 Likes

Oh, that is a lovely piece of lawyering

9 Likes

That’s up there with the ACLU’s amicus brief in support of John Oliver versus (the late, he died in 2020) Bob Murray. [That’s the 'Anyone Can Legally Say “Eat Shit, Bob!” brief.]

9 Likes

Most corporate counsel, IP counsel do this kinda stuff all the time; the downside of it is all your colleagues also enjoy writing snarky letters, and so you are surrounded by constant snarky email, letters, presentations, etc.

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.