The Malta Files: a European version of the Panama Papers, revealing a global web of corruption

There’s a urban legend that, when Louis XVI was executed during the French Revolution, someone in the crowd shouted “Jacques de Molay, tu es vengé !” (“Jacques de Molay, you are avenged!”)

That is what I was referring to.

It’s referred to in a poem by Yeats, “Vengeance on the murderers,” the cry goes up, “Vengeance for Jacques Molay.” Yeats, though, uses it as an example of the way a mob is easily led by slogans. “And I my wits astray because of all that senseless tumult, might have cried for vengeance on the murderers of Jacques Molay.”

How many trucks each carrying a Library of Congress worth of hard drives would you need to contain them?

1 Like

And now I’m wondering if the legend inspired Yeats’ poem (that I didn’t know of) or if the poem triggered the legend.

Oh yes, Yeats knew of the legend. He was explicitly referencing the French Revolution and warning that Ireland could go the same way.
It’s from the poem “I see phantoms of hatred and of the heart’s fullness and of the coming emptiness”.

3 Likes

Taxes and borders are for the poors.

2 Likes

Delaware’s passe, you need the Nevada Notes and the Wyoming Writings.

5 Likes

South Dakota Dossier

3 Likes

Generally, bent banker bibliography.

5 Likes

There’s a templar/rothschild conspiracy involving Emmanuel Macron. As with all such things of that nature, it is farcical, but it does occupy a space in the paranoid noosphere.

I’ve been to a fish fry at one of their meeting halls.
Wait, that was the Knights of Columbus.

1 Like

$25M won’t get you in the drivers seat of a decent used oil tanker. Just sayin.

Not everything that is legal is moral.

Or to quote some person the Internet:

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men follow their rational self interest.

But morality is subjective, surely. Are we not skating on thin ice suggesting to others that they follow our own morality? Where do we draw the line on that?

In a way, I can’t really blame Malta for cultivating a financial edge that may spare it a doom similar to Greece. The EU as it is right now is a jungle.

The Iceland route?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.