A clearing house of your favorites.

3 Likes

Excuse Me What GIF by Bounce
Harold?

5 Likes

Of “Hark! The Harold Angels Sing” fame?

8 Likes

:laughing:

Don’t you get me started on secular stuff: “Wrapped up like a douche, another rumor in the night”

4 Likes

In order to avoid a complete derail of “important” topics like contemplating Jesus’ middle name, I’ve started this topic so we can discuss these properly. (To be honest, this is a topic I’ve been meaning to start for a while now.)

5 Likes

oh no ugh GIF by NASCAR on NBC
Got it!

1 Like

Excuse me while I kiss this guy.

7 Likes

Here’s some honest to goodness mondegreens that have tricked me for a time:

As a kid, I was certain that the chorus of “Caribbean Queen” was “Caribou Queen”. To this day, that is still what I hear even though I know what it is supposed to be.

Fine Young Cannibals’ “She Drives Me Crazy”’s chorus is “she drives me crazy / like no one else”, not what you probably think it is. (I was shocked when I learned what it supposed to be, as were many others I asked. For decades I though it was “her long black hair”)

For a more contemporary example, Lorde’s Royals has a lyric “my friends and I we’ve cracked the code” that I heard as “my friends in Iowa cracked the code”. It kind of made sense; Royals is about poor people living in a shitty place yearning for the riches that hip hop artists brag about, and Iowa has plenty of shitty places with a lot of poverty. (Although not as much as some other states but their names just don’t roll off the tongue as well with the cadence of this verse.)

6 Likes

One from Carnal Knowledge:

“Gladly, the cross I’d bear.” > “Gladly, the Cross-eyed Bear.”

6 Likes

Wow, AI image generators still suck at text…

3 Likes

Powerpoint to AI: “Pixel this!”

3 Likes

Season 3 Friends Tv Show GIF by Friends

8 Likes

:notes:
When Jupiter
and Mars
collide

1 Like

When Jupiter collides with Mars? (Age of Aquarius, right?) that’s my new singalong for that song, thanks!

“That’s why I sat on an egg”

5 Likes

We’d all die, but what a spectacular way to go.

5 Likes
2 Likes

the comedy website rathergood.com did a bunch of these back in the day, and seem to have converted a couple from flash animations to YouTube videos.

3 Likes

:notes: Don’t go round tonight
Well it’s bound to take your life
There’s the bathroom on the right. :notes:

8 Likes

Feelin’, like a ham and mustard shaa-ake

interstate love song GIF by Stone Temple Pilots

5 Likes