The music scene from Garden State but it's Wesley Willis

Originally published at: The music scene from Garden State but it's Wesley Willis | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Wesley Willis!

“They put pounds on you!”

I will never forget. :saluting_face:

13 Likes

I used to live in Chicago. My best friend worked overnights in a copy shop in the Flat Iron building next to the North / Milwaukee stop and I’d hang out sometimes working on zines. Wesley was a regular at the shop, would sometimes stay all night doing his drawings.

I never liked the music, but really wish I’d bought one of the drawings.

9 Likes

I’m glad they renamed the Sears Tower in his honor, and nothing anyone says can convince me otherwise.

12 Likes

I would have also accepted a rickroll

5 Likes

This is the absolute best.

I once got to see Wesley Willis in concert and got several head-butts from him before the show. He was super-nice.

3 Likes

Someday I want to write a Wesley Willis jukebox musical

Christ I wanna see this now. The potential revenue from the ad slogans at the end of each song should really help with funding.

2 Likes

She’s a little more manic than your average pixie dream girl.

3 Likes

I met Wesley in 2000 in LA.

We had a nerve-shattering hell ride on the Metro, got off the wrong bus at the wrong place and had to walk to the bar. We got there right as he wrapped his set, but we bought him a cranberry juice and my roommate butted his head.

A real stand-up dude.

4 Likes

Rock on, m’ London. Rock over, Chicago.

5 Likes

Despite having watched it, nope.

1 Like

I want to see the clip but I have no insta :frowning:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.