The new Batmobile looks like a vintage muscle car

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/04/the-new-batmobile-looks-like-a.html

7 Likes
2 Likes

Meow! Yes Please!

Now if only we could get a more vintage actor to play Batman…

5 Likes

Gonna have crappy handling with that rear mounted engine though.

9 Likes

There can be only one.

23 Likes

Still better handling than the Batmobile that needed to deploy grappling hooks just to make a hard left turn.

11 Likes

I will die on this hill.

48 Likes

27 Likes

That would be my second choice.

ill_allow_it_community|nullxnull

13 Likes

If it doesn’t have a launch sequence that includes “atomic batteries to power!” and “turbines to speed!” then it’s not a real Batmobile.

17 Likes

Meh, I’ll give this Robert Pattinson fellow a chance. After all, I had extremely low expectations for Ben Affleck as Batman since Ben Affleck typically just plays Ben Affleck, and while I wouldn’t describe him as good at the part, he managed not to suck in Zack Snyder’s suckfests. At this point Batman has been so over-saturated that there isn’t much left to ruin about the franchise. Batman is a character I like and even I wouldn’t begrudge him a break for a while.

10 Likes

Yeah, mostly I just wanted to throw shade at Pattinson.

Prior to 1989, who would have thought Michael Keaton would make a great Batman? Nobody, that’s who. The unexpectedness of a dork who puts on a costume and becomes a convincing badass is what made Keaton great. Maybe Pattinson can pull off the same trick, who knows?

14 Likes

Reminder that when Michael Keaton was cast as Batman in the 1989 film, the choice was largely criticized, since at the time Keaton was seen primarily as a comic actor (vide Mr Mom, etc.). And for a large population he’s now considered the quintessential portrayal of Batman in big-picture format.

Edit: I see your last comment addresses this. Cheers!

6 Likes

Instant classic :slight_smile:

9 Likes
4 Likes

The 1989 Batmobile was based on the “Thrust2” jet car that held the land speed record from 1983 to 1997. Luckily Bruce Wayne was wealthy enough that he didn’t have to plaster his version with the logos of corporate sponsors.

13 Likes
10 Likes

The stunt driver will make it work.

3 Likes

At least Bruce Wayne can afford the carbon offset credits.

10 Likes

Bat frontal armor, bat-apault mechanism, and bat miniguns upfront should help the weight distribution.

8 Likes