The new Batmobile looks like a vintage muscle car

Would you accept “Bat Boosters” instead?

4 Likes

From Fandom:

The Batmobile itself was created in the astonishingly short time of three weeks by custom car guru George Barris, who had previously purchased the one-off 1955 Lincoln Futura Concept Car.

8 Likes

I am remarkably excited to have a Batmobile that’s just a car.

6 Likes

Hollywood. Expect some ‘transformer’ action.

2 Likes

It’s a DC movie. I expect the car will be named Martha and some one will strangle it in front of a basket of kittens.

16 Likes

I have no idea what that means, but am giving a like for the beautifully grotesque poetry of it all.

5 Likes

I’m trying to figure out what’s going on with this car. It looks like it supposed to be mid-engine, but it seems like the engine sits too far back. The engine itself looks like some manner of V8, possibly a V12, but the pistons are at a crazy wide angle when you compare them to any other engine. So far as I can tell, even though it has some muscle car styling this thing is no less 100% rule of cool fantasy than the Tumbler or other jet engine powered Batmobiles.

2 Likes

You Have My Axe

6 Likes

I understand that I’m pretty much throwing a few bucks away when I pick up a lotto ticket, but I have a dream and hitting on the numbers will make it happen.

https://fiberglassfreaks.com/

2 Likes

a69

11 Likes

Anybody who saw Clean and Sober

5 Likes

Is it a twelve cylinder boxer?

Did it come from Subaru? Or is it an old Saab project?

2 Likes

Immediately made me think of this:

Why is Batman 1972 not a thing? Seems like an absolute winner to me.

3 Likes

I don’t suppose that the rear engine is real.

Ferrari has the only flat 12 doesn’t it? Someone did an H16 engine back in the days when F1 wasn’t quite so boring.

Trying to identify the engine may be a fools errand. Movie cars of this sort are often actually powered by whatever’s cheap and basic. Shit ton of famous movie vehicles back in the day were just a shell mounted on a stripped down Volkswagen.

Typically you aren’t going to drive anything but a stunt car for a very specific stunt any faster than 40 miles per hour.

So that engine may very well be a non-functional collection of prop covering the real engine. Or the real engine might be up front.

Innernets car geeks have pegged it as a v10 and identified the most likely candidates, but it doesn’t seem to match any of them.

2 Likes

After seeing this car in comparison to the recent Batmobiles, all I can ask is, did Bruce piss away the Wayne fortune, or did his parents?

Porsche also had a flat-12 in the 917 race car.

Can-Am was even less boring. It was unlimited class, anything-goes racing, at least in its early days.

1 Like

No love for the simple designs?

8 Likes

Why is the spare tire on the hood? :crazy_face: :thinking: