The new Batmobile looks like a vintage muscle car

Why though? He, much like co-star Kristen Stewart, has taken his Twilight money and gone on to make interesting career choices.

2 Likes

And my Bat Shark Repellant.

3 Likes

Possibly the best ever episode, although the Harrison timepiece that eventually made them millionaires may just pip it to the post.

For anyone who hasn’t seen this episode, this clip may be the highlight of the show. Be patient - it builds…

7 Likes

I get the feeling that the entire car including Batman standing beside it is not real. It has a real video game feel in that shot - the car might just be a stock car augmented with CGI in the film.

Edit- I can tell by the pixels

2 Likes

I really love the TAS Batmobile, but it doesn’t translate as well into “real life”.

Who said it REQUIRED a grappling hook for a hard left? Dude, if you had a grappling hook on your car, you would be constantly looking for an excuse to use it.

It might be a bit lonely, but colorful!

I actually like this design. It has both classic lines, and a modern look. It looks experimental with tricks up its sleeve. Sorta gives me a John Wick vibe as well.

1 Like

If memory serves the prop car required rails and a tow vehicle to move above a snails pace. And it could barely turn. So while the intent probably wasn’t to depict a car that needed a grappling hook, that shit was closer to a puppet than an actual vehicle.

I agree with that point but in context we are translating into real life a guy dressing in a bat suit and fighting crime. So. I’d still rather have the TAS bat mobile than anything else we’ve gotten on screen.

Just imagining trying to park that thing in the 90s up against a pole.

“Just a little more… just a little more. How close am I? I can’t see. Is that good? I think that’s good.”

-gets out to look-

“God damn it, I’m like 2 feet away!”

-Gets back in-

“A little more… a little more.” BONK “Damn it, every time!”

2020 TAS it would auto park :slight_smile:

1 Like

I feel like the bat mobile has always had auto park anyway. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think the biggest practical problem with the TAS version would be that the driver’s seat is positioned so far back that it would be damn near impossible to see if there was approaching cross-traffic every time you stopped at an intersection. It would be like driving a bus from the back seat.

1 Like

You would always block the cross walk.

“Hey! I’m walkin’ ‘ere! I’m walkin’ 'ere! Fancy super heroes and their fancy cars!”

2 Likes

1 Like

Cross walk, heck. By the time you edged forward enough to check for cross-traffic the front of the car would be halfway down the next block.

2 Likes

Exhibit A

2 Likes

I really think that could be translated pretty easily to a believable real world car. And I think it would read less cartoonish than the Burton and 90’s era movie cars and a lot of what was done in the comics at during the same period.

Its fundementally rooted in real world car design. Just a sort of “if Art Decco and early streamling just kept going” car design.

It still was a bit of a leap of faith to assume an actor best known for comedic roles would be a good choice to play Batman because… he played a supernatural comedic role?

More of a bona fide than any other Batman actor had that I can think of. Especially as it was a year prior and the same director.

1 Like

Did the TAS version ever stop at an intersection? I think Gotham kids were just drilled from birth to look both ways for the Batmobile before attempting to cross the street.

3 Likes

Seems one could foul that engine somehow, shoot it, throw a towel on it… hope The Batman as roadside assistance.

I don’t see any car. However, I can see what looks to be a rocket that has fallen over… :wink: