The new Metallica tribute album costs $50 to download

For some reason my inner voice is hearing your response in an Austrian accent and I am wanting to hear more than this short precis.

Do go on… ask me more

Shhh

1 Like

high fidelity 90s GIF

7 Likes

tenor

4 Likes

I knew a audiophile who had a really crappy car, but a really nice set of MartinLogan speakers with a chair exactly positioned in the sweet spot.

2 Likes

Is the audiophile thing still a thing when it comes to 3rd millennium popular music though, when everything is pitch-corrected and snapped to the grid in a DAW? What even is “fidelity” when it comes to listening to a re-amped guitar DI output that’s being run through 3 different cabinet simulations?

2 Likes

It sounded three dimensional-- from two full range speakers. Probably didn’t create the stadium rock experience-- iirc, he was into jazz. I remember lending him a binaural CD-- it sounded absolutely terrible on speakers; even his.

3 Likes

These days even when it comes to jazz, the most authentic way to listen to Snarky Puppy, is through youtube compression.

3 Likes

There’s a couple albums that I can hear the difference with a high fidelity copy on quality equipment. For certain listeners for certain genres, I get it.

But most people won’t notice, and most music, frankly, isn’t worth it. For some, like the DIY punk and folk sort of stuff I dig, it’s actually sorta detrimental.

3 Likes

Still cheaper than most NFTs.

2 Likes

Including The Chordettes?

2 Likes

Needs more electric guitar.
Unless there’s cellos.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.