The new Winnie the Pooh horror film looks perfectly ridiculous

Originally published at: The new Winnie the Pooh horror film looks perfectly ridiculous | Boing Boing

1 Like

What nonsense. That’s every trope clip from the “Halloween Haunted House” search on any video clip service.

4 Likes

12 Likes

Yeah, no. This looks stupid.
And not in a fun way stupid.
Just… plain stupid.

8 Likes

Well at least they got to reuse this costume…

4 Likes

Pooh by name, pooh by nature.

3 Likes

When is “Nightmare in the Willows” going in to production, I wonder; oh, and “Fast & Famous 5”?

1 Like
6 Likes

I, for one, am looking forward to the Texas Chainsaw Moomintroll.

3 Likes

They basically just bought a Friendo Honey Bear mask from Immortal Masks and called it a day.

Zzz Ok GIF by Jim Gaffigan

5 Likes

stock footage is cheap, ideas are easy, execution is hard. I wish them luck in their project.

3 Likes

“Oh, bother,” said Pooh, as he racked the slide and chambered another round.

8 Likes

Was hoping for something more like this:

11 Likes

That trailer doesn’t intrigue. But at least it looks like a more competent fan film than Rob Zombie’s Munsters. OMG, WTF?

1 Like

Hard to tell from that generic trailer, but it looks like they’re going with a red shirted pooh looking more like Disney’s later representation than the public domain illustrations from the first book.

Disney might have a case.

2 Likes

Yeah I get the impression this was made by people who are counting on making money by being first to market with a horror satire based on a well-known piece of intellectual property but didn’t have much going for the project beyond that.

5 Likes

Zombie looks like he had professionals do everything except run the camera.

These guys were strictly amateur hour from A to Z.

I love horror. I even like low budget stupid horror when it knows what it is and manages to be at least a little clever about how it spends its resources.

This trailer does not give me confidence this is one of those sorts of films.

4 Likes

force friday bluegrass GIF

4 Likes

If you go down in the woods today, you better not go alone
It’s lovely down in the woods today, but safer to stay at home…

4 Likes

Does this mean that Christopher Robin also released a tiger in Sussex somewhere? Why has nobody arrested him yet?

4 Likes