The next Firefox will block all autoplayed audio, video

Nice, why was this not a thing before? I’ve been seeing auto play for yearssss

I get TLS handshake timeouts exceeding 30 seconds daily.

For me Firefox and Chrome work equally well, i don’t notice a difference between both but my default preference is for Firefox as i like its built-in functionalities way more.

1 Like

I have no issues with U-block/Privacy Badger or any of my other extensions by reputable groups slowing page loads. I also don’t trust “future” Chrome not to “ignore” blocking lists given to it by a plugin, by using a master override list of what Google considers safe. Google’s lunch is being eaten by ad-blockers and they have a vested interest in selling ads. They can’t be considered a disinterested third party. The whole “Don’t be Evil” thing was shown the be a farce long ago.

Some sites are awfully needy in their relationships.

• Location data, NO!
  • Notifications, NO!
  • Autoplay, NO!
1 Like

I do find this topic fascinating in that it even needs to exist.

IMHO, the valid reasons for having autoplay video/audio by default are approximately zero, for anything* **

Let the user click on something to play unless they explicitly opt-in…

*I include audio/video streaming sites here
** worst is badly coded news sites, where you’re left with the choice of waiting until the video loads so you can stop it playing, or start reading the article and then swearing at the audio and scrolling up to kill it, then trying to find where you stopped reading…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.