The next time you are bored in a public place, play the "T-shirt game"

I’m curious to get a ruling on a pop star (I’ll leave them unnamed) wearing their own t-shirt at their own gig. It was just the rehearsal run through (they were of course much dressier in the concert) but still I thought it was pretty tacky but have no idea if this is common or not. Like, I get that a certain amount of self-promotion in show-biz is normal-if-annoying but really how egotistical does one have to be.

“I’ve got this massive stock just lying around, and I get them at cost.”

4 Likes

8 Likes

Laundry day.

6 Likes

My daughter has these on Redbubble

7 Likes

Um…

And a crap ton more in this forum topic.

0ce1a2a10eba8c6b7d64f43da63f4717

9 Likes

i used to have an “art of noticing” game with a friend i called Dangerman that involved shoes.
see, we would be waiting around in an airport (best at airports, for reasons) and observing people’s shoes (garb and accessories were secondary) looking for spies, feds and smugglers… because foorwear tells a story. no judgements of the people, no “would i wear that”, just a quiet nod and we would say - Fed - 'cuz you know they all wear those shoes.
anyway, just passing time waiting for our next flight.

next up: Red Car/ Blue Car/ Slug Bug!

4 Likes

Speaking of the Ramones, one more.

5 Likes

Sascha K of KMFDM is kinda notorious for wearing KMFDM shirts, or side projects like Excessive Force.

^^ Own horn toot - I designed the logo on his left breast.

ETA - Relevant shirt by Andee Blacksugar who is their new guitarist.

5 Likes

Ha, of course the internet provides, I guess it’s really quite common!

1 Like

That’s more my jam, too. I enjoy practicing the deduction, like, what would I be able to tell about a person from their clothes and demeanor.
Another fun game is to go to the food court or one of the shops and split up then come together and describe the best “date meal” you could concoct with what’s available. I made it up when we had to duck into a 7-11 during a torrential downpour, but it’s provided endless entertainment ever since.

4 Likes

I wish it was still possible to buy the t-shirt of a Joy Division Unknown Pleasures t-shirt that was featured on boing boing a few years ago. I treasure the one I have but it’s fading

2 Likes

Boy is there ever. These terrible shirts are about 50% of the banner ads that I get. No idea why- I don’t even buy clothes online, nor do I search for such products.

Nowadays though, the shirts are virtual. They have bots that scrape trending phrases from social media and composite them on to shirt thumbnails in their online store. If you order it, then they print it on demand and send it you. This way they can make basically every possible trendy shirt without ever stocking inventory or taking any risk on a design. You can these online stores with thousands and thousands of shirts in them, and they don’t even have a warehouse.

2 Likes

Forgot the verb in the name of this game. That verb could be “Observing” but seems to be “Judging”.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.