The "nightmare appendages" of AI-drawn hands

That’s fantastic. There are some great Rockabilly quiffs in that line up. However, Theodore Roosevelt looks like he is running for election in Estonian.

4 Likes

5 Likes

I can’t count the teeth! THEY KEEP MOVING!!!

3 Likes

… that’s how we know this is all a bad dream :face_with_spiral_eyes:

2 Likes

someday it’ll be hip to sport extra fingers and talk like chatgpt

2 Likes

Ronnie Raygun appears to be an older Tom Cruise:

And Lincoln == Wolverine???

4 Likes
5 Likes

I don’t know. In the future we’ll all be wearing comfortable masks, and the two don’t always mix well.

1 Like

Can it really not do feet, or are they trying not to become a foot fetish image provider?

there’s also a fundamental skill in being able to summarize information amd communicate it in a step by step way

i do some programming irl, and the best programming classes i ever had were actually english writing classes

4 Likes

3 Likes

Agreed.

Couple that with the fact that most people teaching college courses aren’t even professors. They’re grad students and adjunct lecturers who are getting paid a paltry wage, one not sufficient to justify any additional effort.

It’s a shame that over the last three decades, our higher education system has focused on maximizing efficiency. It has essentially turned our schools into diploma factories that produce an inconsistent, low value product.

1 Like

bbc uk GIF

And just look at those tiny hands! Seriously, AI can’t get it right. And I blame general statistical education for that. Even people who program AIs forget that it’s just a bunch of linear regressions, basically, and some distributions at work.

Also:
test dessert GIF by SoulPancake

Take that, pie chart!

Parks And Recreation Pie GIF

You know, if you are using circles for proportional visualisation, then you can do much better than pie charts.

Kamala Harris Vp GIF by GIPHY News

I mean, people who insist I put more than three slices in a pie chart and publish it, in a scientific report made on behalf of a federal ministry, no less?

Denver 9News GIF by nextwithkyleclark

I mean, three slices are sometimes ok. Seriously. I do pie charts with three slices. Three is ok. I can work with three.

But three is the limit. People do not understand the significance of three slices. The possibilities as well as the danger of it. And don’t get me started on the three doors problem. If AIs are better at this kind of baysic math than we are, we are doomed. Doomed. DOOMED, I say!

doom ii GIF

I need some emphasis here, and suggest another angle:

Seriously, been there, done that, for nothing and no chance to ever reach the higher echelons of academia, i.e. become a fully tenured research professor. The reason for this being that if you DO care about teaching more than about your H-index or impact factor, you are fucked in the completely streamlined academic system the Anglo-Saxon “universities” invented.

Yeah, and all the students, grad students, postdocs and non-tenured professors doing the teaching have been trained by people likewise being either exploited by this system, or exploiting it.

Anyway, I derailed massively. More than anyone else on this topic, hands down.

Sorry for that, especially for the Bayes pun. And Tinyhands. Especially Tinyhands. I didn't mean to make you puke.

Sick Cough GIF by Debby Ryan

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.