The Omega AXL Inkless Pen never needs refilling and writes with actual metal

It’s made from guns and roses.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Ads, ethics, and subscriptions revisited

This AXL pencil thing is ridiculous. Especially considering one of the editors, Mr. Frauenfelder, is constantly shilling disposable pens purchased from Amazon. What’s wrong with buying a reusable/refillable pen from any number of specialty resellers that AREN’T Amazon? I understand that web hosting isn’t free, but this sort of thing just erodes BB’s cred and trustworthiness. IMO.

1 Like

I don’t mind being constantly, aggressively, and deceptively shilled at. I mean, it’s not my favorite thing, but you know. It’s the internets.

That said, if I may venture something that might be construed as *gasp* disappointment, it’s pretty fucking shady to market as eco-virtuousness the buying of crapgadgets that could, at the furthest theoretical limits of their usefulness, reduce the solid waste stream by something on the order of 0.00000001%.

2 Likes

hahahahaha

good one

1 Like

Also, let’s pay $40 $30 for one writing implement. I mean, pencils aren’t easy to lose or misplace, are they? I’ve been using the same pencil since the '90s.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.