The Ongoing Gallery of Trump-Inspired Assholes

13 Likes

I guess the jihadists aren’t sending their best people.

11 Likes

I love that fucking Politico seems to distinguish Proud Boys from terrorists. Typical. Politico has never been sending their best either.

17 Likes

That’s Politico for you. Salon, on the other hand, does not mince words.

14 Likes
14 Likes

This should actually go under Good News:

"The case was dismissed in April, but Neureiter ruled that the attorneys had violated their ethical obligations by lodging it in the first place and by peppering their motions with wild allegations that they had made little effort to substantiate. Legal rules prohibit attorneys from clogging the court systems with frivolous motions or from filing information that is not true.

Calling the suit “one enormous conspiracy theory,” Neureiter ordered that the duo must pay the legal fees of all the individuals and companies they had sued — 18 separate entities in all — as a way to deter future similar cases."

19 Likes

Good news indeed.

Here’s the court room rendering of the judge delivering the verdict:

13 Likes

So, the San Diego MTS is beginning a new rider card system in September called “Pronto” to replace the old “Compass” card.

One of the updates has been to lie to customers about what a Day Pass really means.

Riders used to be able to put their 6 bucks on the card for a day pass, on both trolley and regular buses, and you could ride as much as you like until midnight of that day.

Now, they claim that it’s easier, because all you have to do is load up the card, and it takes off the fare for each boarding point.

So, when previously I needed $6 to take the trolley to the 24th St station, and then the bus over to my bank, and the same in reverse, it still only cost $6 by the end of the day.

Now, if you load money on the Pronto card, it takes off the fare price for the trolley, the bus, the bus again, and the trolley again, totaling $10. I feel sorry for those who have to go all the way across town.

nothing like the holidays fuck boy GIF

19 Likes

That adds up fast if it’s your daily commute!

12 Likes

I really wonder how they’ll enforce it.

Currently, you just walk up to the trolley and board it. There’s no accountability until transit police scan your card if they board your trolley car. Perhaps they’ll have a ticket checker like the trolleys in Eastern Europe, or move the scanner to the doorway, like MTS buses in Austin, TX.

10 Likes

They really have no shame whatsoever.

10 Likes

It might also depend upon the people checking. When I lived in Germany, I was stopped by undercover transit cops while riding with my parents into town from the airport. They made a big deal about some crazy details about the passes I had bought (after consulting with the ticket agent with the exact details of what I wanted). In the end, they didn’t write up a ticket, but it spooked my dad so badly he hardly left his hotel room the whole trip. :frowning:

12 Likes

Fuck around with kook suits, and find out.

14 Likes

Somebody is going to listen her and kill somebody. JHC

17 Likes

I see jail time in her future…

14 Likes

This particular instance she would get away with I fear, even if people really are shot.

“Yeah, well, what they don’t know is in the South we all love our Second Amendment rights, and we’re not really big on strangers showing up at our front door, are we? They might not like the welcome they get,” she said, getting cheers and applause from the crowd.

The right has been getting away with this nudge nudge, wink wink shit for ages.

14 Likes

She’s dumb enough to catch a ‘Charles Manson’ exception, methinks.

10 Likes
13 Likes

Seinfeld Soup GIF

No vote for you!

14 Likes

In 100 years, nobody will remember who Mike Lindell was. But the word lindell (and its synonym, guliani) will still be in common usage as a verb meaning: to implode everything that you have worked so hard to build in your life based on the flimsiest of reasons.

6 Likes