The Ongoing Gallery of Trump-Inspired Assholes

Tucker Carlson, the latest American fascist to lick the arse of Hungary’s autocrat Orban.

Orban’s American admirers [also] include the political philosopher Patrick Deneen, J.D. Vance, the author of “Hillbilly Elegy” who is now running for the Republican Senate nomination in Ohio, and Rod Dreher, a popular conservative blogger and author.

The article discusses the repulsive history of American conservatives who’ve shown their true goals by expressing admiration for fascist regimes.

13 Likes

All of this American coverage is stressing what it says about Carlson that he is hanging out with Orban, but it should also be a cautionary tale for us in Europe that anyone who is as bad as Orban would hang out with Carlson. I think we still underestimate the threat the American right wing pose to our way of life. They are clearly willing to support the worst of us, those that try to destroy the EU and a socially liberal society.

18 Likes

Absolutely. The American right actively funds and supports fascist activists, right-wing political aspirants, and Libertarian think tanks in other OECD countries.

Even in countries where things like single-payer universal health insurance and free or subsidized post-secondary education and secularism are core societal values, no-one should get complacent. There’s a a lot of money and determination backing the export of America’s worst ideologies.

20 Likes

Looks like Soros is still trying to help people in Hungary even after being run off by Orban.

eta The real irony of Tucker Swanson McNear Carlson being in Budapest, is that he wouldn’t be able to exist as a TV/Media government bashing personality in Orban’s Hungary at all.

15 Likes

Of course they were…

9 Likes

Oh, look, these morons are back, excited to super-spread delta. Seems like only a short time ago they were spreading the original strain.

12 Likes

Elected school board votes 4-2 to require masks for people who can’t prove they’ve been vaccinated. Audience cries “dictatorship” and demands a re-vote. Crowd gets so raucous the Board has to adjourn. After Board adjourns, the crowd cries dictatorship and “elects” a new “board” on the spot. County attorney has to explain democracy.

17 Likes

You can tuna fish but you can’t tune… hey, just thought of something, off to the workshop!

3 Likes

Nothing to see here, move along.

15 Likes

Fair enough - but you missed out on the chance to declare Steve Bannon dead and cremate him when he last visited. No one would have questioned it.

9 Likes

McMillan_as_Harkonnen

11 Likes

We declared his project dead instead.

15 Likes

AltruisticBewitchedGreatwhiteshark-size_restricted

10 Likes

More on one of the more opportunistic and dangerous sado-populists vying for a seat in Congress.

13 Likes

Eh?

Speaking to the presenter, Trump asked: “Could you imagine if I were president right now and we had this massive attack from the coronavirus?

20 Likes

I don’t have to ‘imagine it;’ you prolapsed asshole - that was our reality only last year.

Hopefully that’s another sign of his further physical deterioration…

17 Likes

Big Brother Reaction GIF by Big Brother After Dark

If you ask me, he’s still whining about the election. “If I were president right now…”

15 Likes

I know he’s a deeply uninformed and uncurious person, but not being able to bring the word “delta” to mind right now sure sounds demented:

You know they like to call it the, they have new names…

7 Likes

His cranial gland was trying to forge something between China and Delta. It failed.

7 Likes

And yet a thousand years…

7 Likes