The Ongoing Gallery of Trump-Inspired Assholes

Roger that. Caught up in the moment.

9 Likes
14 Likes

Yay WV

Bigots of the world, unite.

14 Likes
17 Likes

tl;dr: the Uihleins, a wealthy shipping supplies family that’s been in the forefront of the Covid denial movement and which endorsed noted paedophile Roy Moore; and DonorsTrust, a conservative “dark money” pool funded by the usual suspects (Kochs, Mercers, DeVos) that’s also donated to white nationalist hate groups like VDARE and the New Century Foundation (which publishes American Renaissance).

So I guess Ben Domenach and his pals did have something to hide.

12 Likes

Hey Joe:

bmo-angry-fart

15 Likes

Texit Attempt

Texit

11 Likes

Does he
 not remember who’s in charge of the federal government right now?

13 Likes

FTFY

5 Likes

IKR

There’s like ten rednecks dancing around a rusted out pickup truck shooting guns into the air somewhere near the border of Mexico after seeing his post on FB.

7 Likes

problem is, he is not incorrect regarding the Texas constitution providing an out from the Union. being the only state that was recognized as a sovereign country before joining the Union (however short lived that was), it is written into their state constitution.
That said, it does not play out as simply as this asshole suggests and would be Brexit-level stupidity of “pride of isolation independence” that will ultimately prove disastrous.

7 Likes
9 Likes

There’s so much bull that Texas says about this.

1. No - they weren’t the only sovereign country. The Republic of Vermont. Hawaii. The Republic of California. The Republic of West Florida. And more - I’m forgetting a few.

2. Texas didn’t choose to join the US voluntarily- they were annexed. It doesn’t matter what they have in their constitution- they can’t succeed any more than any other state. The Civil War put that notion to the test.

3. They are not the only state that can fly their flag at the same level as the US flag because of their “special status” - they have a less special status having been annexed and not joining voluntarily like other states. And every state can fly their flag at the same level- it’s in the flag code.

Edit:

Most people think Vermont was one of the original 13 states. It was an independent country between 1777 and 1791.

17 Likes

17 Likes

Nah - it’s cribbed from the flag of Puerto Rico.

13 Likes

Wikipedia

10 Likes

I know that we can’t bargain with cancer, but, damn I wish we could trade all of RL’s remaining days for more days with people who are worth a shit.

12 Likes

Not that Mexico deserves these assholes, but:
65182501-e8e6-456a-9b9d-35d32a2c9c1c

13 Likes
11 Likes

Hmm.

5 Likes