The Ongoing Gallery of Trump-Inspired Assholes

tenor

14 Likes
9 Likes
14 Likes

He graduated Ranger school, which makes him a Ranger. But he did not serve as a Ranger, he served as an infantry officer.

The trick to graduating Ranger school is not to get hurt and don’t complain. Plenty of dirtbags become Rangers. Plenty of outstanding soldiers fail to become Rangers

I dont understand the desire of many veterans to embellish.

9 Likes

According to the article, that makes him Ranger-qualified and can wear the tab, but not an actual Ranger without serving with the 75th Ranger Regiment.

eta: His actual achievement was worthy, and it’s a shame that he’s tarnishing it by embellishment.

7 Likes

I’ll disagree with the article then. He has the additional skill identifier of Ranger. He could be transferred to a Ranger battalion and operate as a Ranger without any additional training needed. He just didn’t serve AS a Ranger.

6 Likes

Reached for comment, Cotton spokesperson Caroline Tabler told Salon in an email, “Senator Cotton graduated from Ranger school and is more of a Ranger than a Salon reporter like you will ever be.”

This sort of communication between politicians’ spokespersons and journalists is just completely normalised in the US now, isn’t it? No semblance of civility left? That’s scary.

5 Likes

Just the fascist party; not all politicians.

9 Likes
9 Likes

giphy(19)

11 Likes
10 Likes

He’s in luck:

(Not an egg, exactly, but eating these will make him feel very hetero.)

10 Likes

Pretty sure toxic masculinity doesn’t allow you to um…“consume” those as well…

8 Likes

Maybe something more along these lines?

Or perhaps:

(Turns out you can find pretty much anything in chocolate!)

9 Likes
20 Likes
11 Likes

The next two years? Biden may be president now, but Trump surviving COVID-19 and Rand Paul surviving the attack by his neighbor shows this timeline still sucks.

giphy(22)

8 Likes

I read somewhere that 1/3 of Covid patients end getting reinfected; so it could still kill him…

9 Likes

giphy(15)

11 Likes

Only Trump could lie so much it made lying go out of style

“Hey, George! Georgie, where you make a mistake is that people coming from the liberal side like you, you immediate say everything’s a lie instead of saying there are two sides to everything. Historically what would happen is if I said I thought there was fraud, you would introduce someone else who said there wasn’t. But now you insert yourself in the middle and say that the absolute fact is that everything I’m saying is a lie.”

7 Likes