The only Star Trek phaser rifle ever made is up for auction. Starting bid: $250,000

Never buy ACME products, period; that was the lesson I learned from WB cartoons…

10 Likes

Or just never use them in the hare-brained ways that coyote did!

5 Likes

It delivers on its promise.

Now, if someone just had some kind of portable vacuum cleaner on hand to clean up the mess…

dustbuster

7 Likes

If not a Disintegrator then at least one that can do this.

Looney Tunes World Of Mayhem GIF by Looney Tunes World of Mayhem

3 Likes

True… but @Brainspore had a valid point, even though his gif didn’t work: the ACME model disintegrated.

4 Likes

Damn, I recognize that prop - it always really stuck out whenever I saw it - what I didn’t realize was that it was the same prop every time I saw it. I always just assumed it was a common idea by sci-fi prop designers and they had a variety of different versions…

Huh…

7 Likes

The venerable Modern Props #195-290-1:

3 Likes

Looks like they’d give a great shave if you set them just below stun.

3 Likes

Yeah, I was just wondering which kind of nerf darts it would take.

1 Like

They lampshaded these in a recent episode of Lower Decks, because of course they did.

Alas, it seems civilization has not progressed to the point where random video clips or subtitled gifs from the show are available.

Mariner: Boimy’s got a phaser rifle! Nice! Now, how are those different from regular phasers?
Boimler: Uh, they take two hands.

4 Likes

Speaking of recycled props and Star Trek lampshades, did anyone else notice that Scarface’s lighting fixture made it to the 24th Century?

lamp-1
lamp-2

(Now I kind of want to see what the “SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!” scene would look like if he had a phaser rifle.)

8 Likes

You can build your own using the plans published in Star Trek “Weapons and Field Equipment” (1983, illustrator: Shane Johnson). But you will need to find a used Tri-Chamber Force Selection Assembly.

3 Likes

The last time this phaser rife was sold at auction, about nine years ago, it went for $231,000.

1 Like

I am now picturing a security officer holding a TNG phaser with a reverse grip.

1 Like

Meh. Star Fleet phaser rifle. :hot_face:

Anyone who knows anything about galactic warfare knows the real hotness is the Brotronix Electroluxe Death Ray!

2 Likes

Let’s not leave out this purposeful looking chunky laser pistol from The Cage.

6 Likes

I wanted to post the same thing. Like you I gave up. There are surprisingly little Lower Decks clips and GIFs available over all. I wonder whether that’s a DMCA thing or if it reflects low interest in the show?

1 Like

how minimalist is that and ooh and the cap guns of yoor…

1 Like

will janeaway explane-away

Who is Azarian? Is that his full name? It is not clear in the article.