The only thing I miss about San Francisco is the It's-It

Is this what Mike Patton was referring to when he asked the question: What is it?

(I apologise for the bad Dad joke, but in my defense, it is Christmas)

2 Likes

They used to be better. The cookies on the ones available in the supermarket are quite a lot thinner than the It’s-It I ate in the 1970’s in San Francisco. I was so disappointed when I opened the package from the store and bit into it that I stopped buying them altogether.

I would disagree. I grew up in the greater Los Angeles area, and the city proper is many small diverse enclaves separated by endless miles of streets and freeways.

I agree maybe that the larger metro area used to be small towns that sprouted up around small ranches and citrus farms connected by the railway, that have all just become one giant sea of sprawling suburbs and strip malls and big box stores and big box restaurants etc.

The Bay Area followed the same growth pattern EXCEPT that its geography is so highly diverse compared to L.A.

I do love both areas, but if I could afford to live in one place, it would be the Bay.

Interesting perspective, and it may depend a lot on your definitions of what’s included in “the LA area” vs “the Bay Area,” but I’ve always found the geography of the LA area to be incredibly diverse compared to almost all big cities around the world. That’s a big reason that movie makers flocked to this place a century ago. Downtown Los Angeles is less than an hour’s drive (depending on traffic) to skiing, beaches, deserts, lakes, farms, mountain resorts, ocean fishing, snorkeling etc. I love the Bay Area but if you’re in downtown San Francisco you’re driving at least 90 minutes to the nearest ski place or decent-sized mountain, and the local beaches are pretty chilly most of the year.

Why did you feel it necessary to be so nasty? I lived in SF while going to school there and worked at a theater that sold It’s-Its. They were what I ate for dinner. I only comment here because most of the people are cool and not nasty, but I guess I’m wrong again. And the It’s-Its today basically suck.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.