Things I miss: This weekend we had Klondike bars

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/12/19/things-i-miss-this-weekend-we.html

3 Likes
5 Likes

WWJDFAKB?

12 Likes

Nah, was never a fan of the Klondike Bar (in any variety). The shell is too thin to be of much use, and about halfway through the whole thing falls apart under its own weight. The last few bites become an exercise in futility.

11 Likes

That jingle always sold the Klondike bars too cheap. In advertising reality, the product has value beyond measure, and when we say the consumer would “do anything”, we should set the bar high.

Would you sully your reputation?
Would you betray your country?
Would you disgrace your family?
Would you forfeit your immortal soul?

10 Likes

You offered her the Heath Bar version? What, do you also only get whipped cream out of a can and spell ketchup as catsup? I’ll bet you’re parents gave you Beech-Nut baby food as a kid, didn’t they? Everybody knows that the only real Klondike bar is vanilla, or maybe the Oreo in a pinch. Heath Bar, sheesh. What’s this world coming to?

4 Likes

“The shell is too thin to be of much use, and about halfway through the whole thing falls apart under its own weight. The last few bites become an exercise in futility.” ~ Werner Herzog, probably

23 Likes

Is this your pitch for a Klondike-branded competitor to fiverr?

3 Likes

I’d step over my own grandma for an It’s It bar though

4 Likes

@jlw, you live in the world of It’s it bars - why the heck would you get a Klondike bar instead.

I miss It’s it bars. :frowning:

1 Like

I LOVE the cappuchino ITS-IT bar. There was a time in my divorce depression I was eating 1-2 a day.

1 Like

Thanks for the EARWORM!

4 Likes

Our decision was easy. We had a Dairy Queen in the neighborhood (sadly, closing this year after ~40 years). Soft-serve with chocolate casing in a cone, please!

3 Likes

Dude, I read that in Herzog’s voice and accent, and it works so perfectly.

6 Likes

I like Heath Bar Klondike bars. I’ll take it if she doesn’t want it.

4 Likes

Bumper sticker: “You don’t want to know what I just did for a Klondike bar.”

8 Likes

I had a both an It’s It and a Klondike bar recently – both the original configurations.

They’re nothing like I remember.

It seems the ice cream used to be much more substantial, and now the ice cream is kind of fluffy and in the case of the It’s It, almost unbearably sweet.

The quality of the ice cream – much denser and therefore much colder – of both were notable and I had assumed were the primary draw for the products, and now they taste like crappy off-brand ice cream truck product.

It’s my suspicion that ice cream has gone the way of many food products – now highly processed and adulterated.

2 Likes

Probably exchange it for a Twix.

Best Klondike Bar commercial ever (because I wrote it).

3 Likes