The Outer Worlds remaster announced

Oof, just on PC, I’m collecting free games faster than I can play them. In between Epic’s weekly offerings and regular giveaways on GOG, Steam, developer/publishers and via third parties like Amazon Prime… (and now even Netflix is giving out phone versions of PC games I had on my wishlist).

I try to mix up older and newer games from my backlog (I consider all games I own to be part of my backlog, no matter how recently I got them). Plus, I often have multiple unplayed games from a series, so I usually play them in chronological order. I feel guilty if I don’t at least make an effort to play through the older part of my backlog - the problem with that being it makes it more likely that new games I pick up will sit unplayed until there’s a remake or remaster…

1 Like

tightly-written RPG

Highly disagree. The first planet is deep, really deep, with actions that have impact and a good story. The further you move the less story you get until the last “planet” is a single settlement. Additionally, playing it on console you’re subject to bizarre story forks due to bad writing, like on the second or third planet you cannot choose to help the rebels or even have both sides talk if you made a completely arbitrary and unrelated dialog choice an hour of playtime earlier to someone who never interacts with the leaders or community in any way. Even the official boards commented how it made no sense and most people used a console command to get around it (which non-PC people cannot use).

Wasn’t a bad game though, all said, but I paid $20 for it and felt I got about that out of it and can’t imagine ever playing it again.

1 Like

If we’re at the point where a game is remastered before the original (complete w/ expansions) drops below $30 on sale, my price cap for buying new games, I’ll never get to play this.

2 Likes

This! And, actually, all of the companions, even the robot, who’s name I forget, were well realized and fun to interact with.

I was very sad, for a moment, though when while I was walking around in the ship, all of us safe as could be.

I suddenly got the notification “Pavarti has died”. Apparently, she had managed to fall of a catwalk somewhere in the ship while I was in a different part.

I quickly reloaded, smiling to myself, secure in the knowledge that I was playing a real Obsidian game.

I still need to go back and do a playthrough with the “Dumb” perk. Maybe this will get me to do it

1 Like

Before you do though, scroll right, click Install, and then click Play.

Whatever the hell is going on with ZA/UM that game is incredible

(I wish they sold Kim’s jacket in a size with sleeves that would go past my elbows, too)

1 Like

If you want to buy a game wait until they but out the full game for sale. To me a “full game” means game plus DLC. This seems to be a full game.

The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition is the ultimate way to play the award-winning RPG from Obsidian Entertainment and Private Division. Including the base game and all DLC.

Usually by the time all of it has come out it even works.

1 Like

Oh I agree - the character stuff was always the good stuff. I just wish they’d fleshed out the fighting - at least the stuff you couldn’t avoid - a bit better.

1 Like

It was OK - Very “on Rails” at times. And I felt the end rather abrupt - I wanted to do more with my character and his ride.

But I had fun.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.