The Patriot mask is 100% made in the USA — and right now, it’s up to 60% off.

Originally published at: The Patriot mask is 100% made in the USA — and right now, it's up to 60% off. | Boing Boing

1 Like

“Patriot Mask”? I feel like someone got their StackCommerce sites mixed up.

26 Likes

$5 per mask for a disposable mask?

5 Likes

Its both artisanal and patriotic! How cool is that?

6 Likes

Yes. But is it tactical?

13 Likes

There’s nothing more patriotic than paying too much for medical goods! USA! USA!

12 Likes

. . . . overpriced medical goods that add to pollution.

4 Likes

Another fine product from the BoingMall catalog, formerly a gallery of wonderful things.

5 Likes

You’re wearing it wrong!

3 Likes

These are the Freedom Fries of medical masks, boy America sure is great.

4 Likes

Galvanised iron-nose. Ultra elastic. That doesn’t come cheap, friend

2 Likes

I think it is some sort of cross-promotion with Mike Lindell’s MyStore. Surprised it didn’t include a free pillow!

3 Likes

warren-miller-flagless-in-a-patriotic-zone-new-yorker-cartoon_a-G-9189764-8419447

5 Likes

but the most patriotic mask is no mask at all (/s)

In fairness, that was the hardware store retail price for 3M P95’s back in the Before Times. I used to wear them for months before they got clogged with sawdust, and in the early days of the pandemic, covered the vents with tape and rotated between two, spraying with isopropyl in between.

That said, more cost-effective and planet-friendly options have certainly emerged. Once fully vaccinated, my Gill mask, designed for the pandemic, will permanently replace all those disposable respirators in the workshop.

In response to the other commenters, I like the “Patriot” and “Made in USA” branding. At some point in recent years, the Left decided to cede the entire concept of patriotism, which I think is a mistake. It’s entirely possible to love where you live, believe that compassion should be an American ideal, and advocate for distinctions between patriotism, nationalism and militarism.

It’s also funny how many folks sneer at “American-made” marketing as some kind of lack of cultural sophistication, but still encourage each other to shop local and even avoid non-native landscaping.

2 Likes

;;7 ;;7 ;_;7

Why is patriotism something to be celebrated? It’s a pretty uniquely American thing and I’m not convinced it’s particularly desirable.

In any event, the left didn’t “cede the entire concept of patriotism”. Instead, the right (as it so often does) just took the goalposts and moved to the point where it has basically lost all meaning.

Wait, what? “Shopping local” puts money back into community and literally supports your neighbors. Keeping landscape native is all about preserving local ecosystems. Many non-native flora are invasive species. I don’t get what any of these things have to do with “patriotism”.

4 Likes

I almost engaged with you on patriotism-as-branding vs patriotism-as-action, and the different ideas about patriotism, but then I thought for a moment about your non-native landscaping comment and can’t think of any way that you aren’t making an incorrect and incredibly offensive analogy.

2 Likes

What the Left needs to do is redefine patriotism away from “jingoistic flag waving and ‘my country right or wrong’” and more towards “wanting to make your country better by acknowledging and working on the flaws while celebrating what the country does well.” If that’s the definition that we can establish moving forward, then a patriot is what I shall be.

6 Likes

I wonder that almost every single BBStore post. The keywords for BoingBoing aren’t taking hold very well.