The planets as anthropomorphic characters

[Permalink]

What’s the ninth one? There are only eight planets, right?

4 Likes

And Holst only wrote seven, leaving out the Earth, which has lots of its own music anyway. But there was a score for Pluto the Renewer added by Colin Matthews; I would encourage musicians who like its inclusion to write themes for Ceres, Orcus, Haumea, Quaoar, Makemake, Eris, and Sedna.

2 Likes

I kinda like the Tattooine music, myself.

1 Like

Why are they all anorexic?

Now let’s see them all drawn to scale!

3 Likes

I would listen to those.

Even though no longer a planet, she did mention that Pluto is included. I’m still waiting for the first Uranus joke.

What’s ice-cold and is tilted 98 degrees on its axis?

Uranus!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! URANUS!!! GET IT?!

3 Likes

Celestial Bodies as anthropomorphic characters? How about Celestial Bodies as Avatars?

(I was going to upload a pic but the system said new users cannot upload photos even though I have commented here for years as cdh1971
but this is my first attempt to comment under the new regime
so
please do a Google Image Search for ‘Trance Gemini’, from Gene Roddenberry’s ‘Andromeda Ascendant’ series which was brought to life by his wife (among others), Majel Barret-Roddenberry
aka Nurse Chapel
aka, the Voice of the the Star Trek Next Generation’s computer
Cheers!)

I don’t get it.

but its been done. Sandman; Endless Nights. Ever so lovely.

The ship’s full name the Andromeda Ascendant, but the show itself was just called “Andromeda” (Or “Gene Rodenberry’s Andromeda”, depending on what you count as part of the title and what you count as a tagline.)

1 Like

And you never will with that latitude.

Twerking in the frozen food section of the solar system.

Ah
yes
you’re right, Drew. Cheers! (and touchĂ©)

No problem, I didn’t mean to nitpick at you, I just want people to be able to find the show easily because I think it’s unappreciated. (well, the first two seasons are. After that
it kinda tapers off in quality.)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.