The Porsche 928 from Risky Business is up for auction

Originally published at: The Porsche 928 from Risky Business is up for auction | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Driving it gets you the official title of “U-Boat Captain”.

8 Likes

A 928 was the first fast car I ever drove. Possibly the most comfortable car I’ve ever driven, too.

4 Likes

Not 1978, it was made in 1883…

Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 10.16.17 AM

5 Likes

There’s another Tom vehicle to consider.

Probably more my speed these days.

7 Likes

Back then it was the Tom’s - now it’s the Chris’s.

3 Likes

The ad says it’s autographed by “shower girl”.

“‘No’, she says, ‘I want you to wash my back’.”

1 Like

But where’s the '49 Roadmaster from Rain Man?

1 Like

Probably weighs about the same as that 928, too.

2 Likes

Muphry also serves the innumerate…

3 Likes

Google tells me it might belong to the director, Barry Levinson. I looked it up because the '49 Buick Roadmaster was the drool-worthy star of Mulholland Falls, and I was curious if it was the same one (it’s not).

2 Likes

I’m sure a lot of people have also sat in this car. I guess this make it more valuable or something?

2 Likes

Oh, cool, I’m just about to watch that movie for the first time.

1 Like

Oh, you bet it does!

3 Likes

Does it come with the booster seat Tom used when he needed to see over the dash?

3 Likes

That ain’t no joke, either; a 928 allows a tall German man to sink way down into rich non-Corinthian leather (and a whole lot of extremely plush carpet). You don’t quite get that ass dragging the ground on the cosmic skateboard feeling, but even I, at 1.8 meters, had the sensation of being ensconced in well padded fuselage almost up to my shoulders. Xenu’s littlest bitch would probably need his five point harness suspended from the sunroof gears to look like he was driving that thing.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.