The Practice of Psychotherapy

This is the first use I’ve found for bookmarks :smiley:

11 Likes

Here’s a jokey situation, one from real-life actually: We had a technician at our lab. Call him Bob. He was disgusting, known for lecherously groaning whenever he saw a pretty woman amongst us; quite audible too. He also hoarded equipment and tools “borrowed” from work, a practice that eventually caught up with him and earned him a request that he quit. He did. Anyway, one day a couple of us were in his work area. Bob happened to be in the process of installing a PCB into some electronic analyzer or whatever. The PCB came protected in ESD bubble wrap. Bob had already grounded himself and had the wrapped PCB on an ESD safe mat and was removing the PCB from its wrapping. We moved in much closer for a look. Then he waxed on the gravitas of the event.

Bob: “Never handled by human hands.”

Me: “Still the case.”
Bob: “Oh, maaaannn!”

8 Likes

@MerelyGifted

images (16)

21 Likes

I was on a trip, about to do my first long-distance hike through the backcountry. My partner and I were in a bar the day we were to head out, and I confessed my anxiousness about the hike.

A man came up to us and said, “I’m sorry, but I couldn’t help but overhear your conversation. I’ve taken many trips as you describe, and I wanted to tell you that you have nothing to worry about.

Any seasoned traveler knows: always carry a length of fiber optic cable in your backpack.

No matter how lost you are, or how far from civilization, if you ever become truly desperate, all you have to do is bury that length of cable in the ground. Within an hour, some jackass in a backhoe will be by to dig it up, and you can catch a ride with them back to town.”

(inspired by @NukeML, with apologies)

18 Likes

Sphinx yawn

21 Likes

It was my son’s 4th birthday today.
All spruced up he was, spick and span, I hardly recognised him.
It was as if I’d never seen him befour.

24 Likes

Has he told you the one yet about why 6 is afraid of 7?

14 Likes

Wonderella Sequential Thwart

16 Likes

Ooh, I don’t know the answer. Just know I’m gonna 8 it.

10 Likes

Because 7 8 9.

I didn’t say it’s a good one!

12 Likes

09f

12 Likes

OMG, I’m so mathphobic that I could barely finish that! :grimacing: :sweat:

8 Likes

Cannabalistic Mathematical Jokes are always good to share.
Pass the BBQ sauce!

8 Likes

24 Likes

21 Likes

14 Likes

10 Likes

26 Likes

27 Likes

21 Likes