The Price Is Right contestant from Massachusetts wins vacation to tropical New Hampshire

Well, that’s not sketchy at all!

“Get a load of this guy…we really need to call him down!”

1 Like

I live near Boston and NH still seems pretty glamorous. Driving north on I-93, I always get a bit of a shiver down my spine when the White Mountains first come into view. Especially when heading for a winter hike - when I first see that giant wall of snow and ice in the distance and realize that’s my destination, it’s an awe-inspiring feeling……

7 Likes

As someone born and raised in Maine and now a 21 year resident of New Hampshire, I think her prize is wicked good.

6 Likes

As someone who’s never been to NH, it certainly looks nice. Is this an accurate representation?

5 Likes

That’s probably exactly how it works. They like “big personalities” and people with unusual stories to talk about with the host.

3 Likes

Yep. There are some less built up beaches a little further up the coast and across the border in Southern Maine.

3 Likes

Yep, exactly. And the cars? Virtually nobody keeps those. Everyone always takes a 60% cash value instead because of the taxes and the fact that you have to get it home, assuming you even want or need a new car at that moment (which most people don’t- people like the cars they have, and a new one is higher insurance and registration) . The contestants act excited because they are directed to do so, but also because the token car is usually still the most valuable thing you can win. It still a good amount of money after all the taxes, fees, and cash discount.

Source: I worked behind the scenes on a certain Shan’t Be Named wheel spinning show for a little while.

8 Likes

Could be worse

6 Likes

Although she certainly didn’t think so. :grin: What an amazing attitude!

4 Likes

Her comment that it’ll make a great piece of furniture is the most honest comment about treadmills ever.

5 Likes

Or switch her outbound and inbound flights so she would fly to LA and home again.

It reminds me of some cheesy game show from the late 1970s/early 80s era (I think it was Joker’s Wild) where a contestant won an all-expense-paid trip to… Hannibal, Missouri.

That looks like Hampton Beach. Most of the NH coast is much less built-up. For anyone who likes running, there’s an annual 20-mile race along the NH coast (‘Eastern States’) from the northern border with Maine to the southern border with Massachusetts. Scenic and highly recommended!

2 Likes

I don’t know when cash alternatives were first introduced, but I thought I had read that Let’s Make a Deal had to implement the policy when they had a bull behind one of the doors as a gag prize. After the show the contestant asked for the bull, a very valuable prize winning bull which the show had borrowed for the show and never intended to give out. My Google skills are insufficient to verify that recollection/story, though.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s kind of how almost all gameshows, reality tv shows, and the like work.

Also the Coast of NH.

5 Likes

Also also the coast of NH

3 Likes

But I don’t have a boat.

Sad Arrested Development GIF

5 Likes

All photos taken from the land (except the drone one I guess). Plenty of places to walk along the water. Even eat or drink.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.