The Remains of the Day... Every Day: Texas's batshit abortion law

Oh no…pregnancy would be a sacred duty, only to be carried out by men…face it guys: the power of co-creating and sustaining another life in one’s body is just too alluring, ain’t it?..

…if you can get past the can-occur-any-time-of-day nausea, the hormonal fits and starts, the swollen ankles {when one’s still slim enough to see one’s ankles}, and the weight gain, that is.

Oh wait, “Rabbit Test” from 1978, directed by Joan Rivers and starring Billy Crystal…

Does Superman count as a conservative? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_of_Steel,_Woman_of_Kleenex

5 Likes

I have always wrapped mine in a shroud and given them a burial at sea.

17 Likes

My hope is that funeral directors in Texas band together and take the remains they’re expected to dispose of and do so without charge, discreetly and very quietly. If they want proof, make it up.

4 Likes

Y’all Qaeda.

12 Likes

The real question:

Shouldn’t this piece have been called Miscarriages of Justice?

6 Likes

By shroud and burial at sea, do you mean condom and flushing the toilet?

1 Like

Well, tissue. But a guy can dream.

5 Likes

The best way to handle it is to sell Texas back to Mexico with long term leases on the oil wells, Austin and Willie Nelson.

The only problem that it is unlikely Mexico wants it back.

4 Likes

You shouldn’t flush condoms down the toilet. They tend to clog and leave embarrassing debris for plumbers snakes.

6 Likes

There are still people fighting the good fight there. Have to get them out before we kick the state to the curb.

3 Likes

pretty much the whole “Confederacy” needs to go. Just give me a chance to get out first.

2 Likes

If funeral directors aren’t willing to foot the bill for these “funerals” then ideally the legislators should. If they don’t understand the ethical and emotional consequences of what they’re proposing maybe they’ll understand the financial aspect.

Of course I know how unlikely that is–there’s a greater chance I’ll rectally generate primates.

4 Likes

Could we get some fake news posts about how under Muslim law burials for embryos are required and that these lawmakers are secretly being pressured by Obama to begin implementing Sharia law in his last days?

17% sounds very low. I think it’s closer to 30% (and rising since the average as age of women having children keeps going up). Either way, this would only emphasize your real point - that this law would make a really noticeable percentage of funerals be the result of miscarriages.

10 Likes

Motorcades for every bloody tampon will cause huge traffic jams and piss a lot of people off.

Let’s do it!

7 Likes

Bill Hicks did a segment towards the end of Rant in E Minor, explaining in great detail that your children are not special, and going into… hilarious (and definitely NSFW) detail explaining why that I suspect a lot of people in Texas need to hear. Although they’d probably just (or rather would have) remind(ed) Bill he’s going to hell.

3 Likes

I would say “and nothing of value was lost” but I know someone who’s stuck chooses to live in Mississippi and I’d hate to see them go. Besides, let them float around in the Gulf and they’d probably take over Mexico.

Hey, wait a minnit.

3 Likes

I have friends and relatives in TX, some by choice, some because they would have trouble moving. I’m pretty sure they are outnumbered by the batshit-crazy Texans (on the spectrum of ‘walk away slowly, don’t make eye contact’ to ‘happy they are my friend/relative’) but are trying to make a difference, or at least not draw unwanted attention, and am not willing to write them off just yet.

2 Likes

These laws are about control. Controlling women, controlling non-procreative sex and maintaining the chain of patriarchy down to the family unit, all to maintain status-quo power, control and income. Promoters of these laws are lying to and using the public for their own benefit.

9 Likes

maybe we need to start calling this Christian Sharia Law.
Promoted by the Christian Taliban.

12 Likes

I’m about a billion percent sure we should have nuked Texas into some other poor saps universe ages ago, and here’s another reason why!

Don’t worry, I’ll make sure to pour out at least 3.5 million bottles of something for all the non-crazy Texans.

Guess I’ll just have to settle for these crazy ants instead.

1 Like