The right to own a gun does not imply competence of any sort

I don’t know if I’ve ever seen so much happen in such a short time. If this were an SNL skit, people would probably call it too stupid to be funny. The only thing missing from this stack of errors is accidentally shooting himself in the dick when he drops the gun.

2 Likes

Now how do you feel about gun registration?

1 Like

Hmm? Was there supposed to be an image or video there?

#BlackholeFacebook

My favorite movie as a kid.

2 Likes

If I adjusted my belt to accommodate a firearm and then removed said firearm the results would be similar. That’s the reason that I don’t go in for armed robbery.

4 Likes

Wait, so the story also involves vaping? Someone won “dumb crime” bingo.

6 Likes

Last Dragon 's true calling was to be a time capsule, showing the future what it has lost. That there used to be a world called “The 80’s” where people could invent themselves as Shoguns of Harlem earnestly , where you could name yourself Sho’nuff (or Taimak or Vanity), where the forces of cynicism were oppressed, where weirdness had yet to be co-opted. Well, maybe not really, but it felt like it. And this movie feels like it more than any other.

I mean, they pause the movie for an airing of the DeBarge video “Rhythm of the Night”, and it just felt right. Because back then you’d be with your friends and DeBarge would be on and you’d say “shut up, DeBarge is on” and you’d all shut up and you’ll get back to things when it was over. It’s just the way it was.

7 Likes

You know I was like, “DeBarge sounds so much like Michael Jackson. Why didn’t they have more hits?” Then I read it was drugs. Lots of drugs. :frowning:

4 Likes

That was the best description of Last Dragon that will ever be written. I salute you, sir or madam.

3 Likes

My old hood! And something quintessentially Aurora, CO about this too. Delicious.

Too bad he probably can’t appreciate the laughs and feel-good feelings (that I’m not him) he’s generated.

No doubt he’s a criminal mastermind, but why finger gloves instead of glove gloves?

Each finger glove is a piece of evidence waiting to happen.

1 Like

I rewatched the video. I think those actually are full gloves. The backs of the hands are a bit more orange than his face skin tone. I’ve seen them in stores in the gardening section. They have a grippy black surface on the palm side, and orange cloth on the top. They allow you to hold on to your tools easier. Heh.

7 Likes

Damn shame he didn’t put his foot through the glass.

1 Like

I’m getting a Fred Durst vibe from this guy

2 Likes

Based on the acrobatic move going through the door, Stewart should be at the top of the suspect list.stewart

4 Likes

Yes, they are totally gardening gloves. His whole getup screams desperate bad idea.

1 Like

…but, paralyzed by the plethora of options in the gardening section, he got the kind with the lubricated opposite-of-grippy palms. Sad trombone!

1 Like

The irony of this box appearing with this story when other stories on Boing Boing today talk about Facebook tracking:

36%20pm

Very good for cycling in, not so much for robberies, it seems.

Sorry, but the best part of the clip just might be the cashier holding then putting the pistol on the counter. Sort of “Sir, you dropped this. I’ll just put it here for when you come back for it.”

2 Likes