The right to own a gun does not imply competence of any sort

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/01/17/the-right-to-own-a-gun-does-no.html

3 Likes

The saucy little karate kick he gives the door during his egress is an underrated bonus, I think.

31 Likes

Was coming to say the same thing.

The incompetence in pulling out his piece is countered by the mad ninja skillz used on the door! He should have had an ankle holster!!!

6 Likes

That looks like a BB gun, the way the grips fell off, that’s how you load the CO2 cartridge.

2 Likes

I was wondering about that.

In other strange decisions, he also appears to have little finger gloves on.

2 Likes

Probably to keep from leaving fingerprints. He’s obviously a planner.

13 Likes

And not him trying to jump over the desk and failing?

5 Likes

He did the kick/jump because his pants fell down!

5 Likes

Well, rights don’t actually imply competence.

4 Likes

Poor guy already has enough going against him being a Broncos fan…

10 Likes

Aaaaand his pants fell down after he chopsockyed the door. The fail is high with this one.

12 Likes

Am I the meanest?
“Sho nuff!”
Am I the prettiest?
“Sho nuff!”
Am I the baddest mo’ fo’ low-down around this town?
“Sho nuff!”
Well who am I?
“Sho nuff!”
Who am I?
“Sho nuff!”
I can’t hear you.
“SHO NUFF!”
Shogun of Harlem.

10 Likes

11 Likes

I just rewatched that the other day. It is soooo 80s it almost hurts. The song made for it at the end… I wonder if they were thinking, “We will be the next Eye of the Tiger or Kenny Loggin’s hit with this one.”

3 Likes

Still better than Netflix Iron Fist :smiley:

7 Likes

hey…HEY…some of us did enjoy it. Season 2 anyway.

3 Likes

I really wish that they’d flipped the casting and made it about Danni Rand (Jessica Henwick) and her sidekick, Colin Wing (Finn Jones). I thought that Henwick was so much more convincing than Jones.

4 Likes

Yes it does! Fake news! Gun owners = awesome!

2 Likes

Confirmed

2 Likes

Funny…I disliked him as Danny in S1 and loved her as Colleen in S1…then in S2, I came around and liked his take on Danny and she annoyed the crap out of me as Colleen.

All in all it was up and down but I think they really got it going in a good direction a the end…and ofc then Disney and Netflix divorced.

1 Like