The Rijksmuseum's Vermeer show is sold out. Here's one you CAN see

Originally published at: The Rijksmuseum's Vermeer show is sold out. Here's one you CAN see | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Also, they’ve created their own online tour:

5 Likes

I visited the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam in 2006, and it was awe inspiring. They were celebrating Rembrandt’s 400th birthday at the time and had numerous masterpieces by him, including The Night Watch.Many other Dutch masters as well. No Van Goghs, but the Van Gogh Museum isn’t far away. The Louvre has an even more impressive collection, especially in sculptures, but the Rijksmuseum is very great to visit in itself.

1 Like

There’s also a new documentary called “Close to Vermeer” in English. It’s Dutch, bit had English subtitles and stars a roller skating restorer to whom I happen to be married. I am biased, but it is pretty good.

5 Likes

Hah, I got tickets for me and the kid next thurs at 16.00 hours :wink:

1 Like

Excellent addition to this thread, and seems like a worthwhile documentary to watch. Thanks!

I enjoyed this and look forward to watching the other recommendations. Cheers!

2 Likes

And remember this terrific, very close-up examination of the famous Girl with the pearl earring. Dive down to see the surface of the paint in great detail.
http://hirox-europe.com/PEARL/3D/

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.