The rise and fall of Theranos

That’s what makes Theranos so perfect: the management style alone would sell it; but you also have the CEO who could hardly be more vampiric without being outright hammy about it; and the blood harvest stuff.

Short of discovering that Walgreens people who inked that deal have no memory of the event and a couple of neatly placed puncture wounds I’m not sure what more you could ask for.

5 Likes

Starting in 5th grade I (and another kid) had to routinely rewrite our assignments so the teacher could more easily read them. 5th and 6th grade, if more than a few of us were getting sloppy, we’d get handwriting assignments.

Eventually I just started writing in print letters; no one complained and that’s how I’ve written things since (other than my signature).

My son, on the other hand, writes much more legibly in cursive than he does in print.

3 Likes

Welcome to the brave new world where mass media reports nothing of import.

1 Like

A coked-up crazy-eyed cult leader, with a bit of overly attached girlfriend thrown into the mix.

3 Likes

Part of the charm is that he’s complete salt-of-the-earth kind of guy. I knew him in school and the first couple of times I was told he was a “X”, I thought it was a joke. Nothing patrician about him, other than the name.

1 Like

If I ever have a son, he’s not going to have to share a name with his paw and grand paw. I’ll give him a name of his very own…

He brings his failures out and stages photo ops with them regularly!

1 Like

My maths textbook at secondary school had a section on retrieving data from cards like in those drawers using knitting needles and strategically punched holes. I am an old (not that old, mind, my school also had no fuckin’ money and thus very old textbooks full of Very Hard Sums).

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.