The secret world of Taco Bell's development kitchens

Luckily in Canada we still have DQ, Taco Time, and A&W so we don’t need them there Murican chains. :smile:

1 Like

It’s always struck me as strange to think how places like Taco Bell have an executive chef. I mean, yeah, it’s a restaurant, of course it has an executive chef, but it’s still always struck me as kind of funny to think of a person in a white chef coat and hat in a kitchen somewhere thinking up things like the perfect gordita.

2 Likes

I tried Church’s Chicken a couple days ago (afterwards I checked if it was owned by ChristoFascists, no). Much better than present KFC. The batter coating has a hint of something that reminds me of fried wontons. I liked the honey bisket, so I made my own this morning.

For a while, Canada was the last loyalist hold-out of the real KFC.

ELEVEN herbs and spices, I knew it! (Okay, one was probably MSG.)

3 Likes

My hometown had a 2-story McDonald’s which I heard repeatedly was the second-largest in the world when it was built (#1 being in Moscow). I assume this is true because no small town has ever exaggerated its “accomplishments” to seem more important than it is.

This gif didn’t exist at the time, yet I always felt the proper response was
Cecily Strong Snl GIF

:confused:

It’s always a fun conversation with Americans when I try to explain that A&W and DQ are bigger than ever up here, and no I don’t know why. There’s a few left, but both chains are essentially gone from the US, yet for some reason continue up here. Not just treading water either, but freaking everywhere. I live in a town of 5000 people in the middle of nowhere with no McDonalds or Starbucks. But we have both an A&W and a DQ. :joy:

2 Likes

They just opened a Tim Hortons here on the east cost of England, completely unsure why.

Tried to go to Taco Bell yesterday, for the first time since covid started.
Double-decker tacos were no longer on the menu.

Taco Bell is dead to me.

3 Likes

Yeah so now there’s that place with the puttanesco sauce that really invites you to eat in. Takeaway, you get a pretty fat ramekin to work with. Probably not a stranger to the grind of ingredient developers…oh boy, Rhode Island school of something just found out PFAS contribute to diet relapse, can’t wait for the li’l PFAS buster ingredients…grinding year after year for restaurant dev. to finally pick up their samples or send them to suck it at GNC. Looking at Obesity to change its title to Mild Food Miscalculation (still profitable).

What’s e’ybody think of the idea of transgenic trees thhttps://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2022.02.16.480797v1at put on extra carbon larding away…oof, those weren’t the ones that said in the titles. Darnit LA! Stuff! Then 60 years on it tries to be in the veg. I imagine. T’aint oxalate.

1 Like

That ex-DA girl’s still Veep, you may as well fire up the first triple-decker taco truck bus. 2-lanes wide, only travels 5-7 AM, only serves triple decker food, sometimes lands on a park that needs that size spot replanted. Top’s conc. solar water stills and seed clover plus squeegee crane service. Sides’re those orange photovoltaics, plus 2 kinds of black ones, and barium white with logotype at ground story, maybe some green in the cladding higher.

1 Like

In the 90s Taco Bell and Subway were basically the only fast food with vegetarian options. I ate a lot of 7 layer burritos back then

2 Likes

The landscape hasn’t exactly changed since then. They’re the most easy to find fast food options for vegetarian food.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.