The shit both Goop and Infowars hock

The more aged and wizened I have become (hehehe) the more I realize this whole left/right business is total hogwash, itself designed to obfuscate. The only thing that matters politically is truth/falsehood. Everything except the honest truth is a tool for suppression and subjugation, i.e. fascism.

5 Likes

Hey! What if my snake is rusty and I really need to oil it?

10 Likes

$25 “activated cashews.”

Wow. The crazy thing is that cashews have to be de-activated. You really don’t want to reactivate them.

6 Likes

While I get what you’re saying as far as separating things into “left” and “right” often getting utterly ridiculous… i.e., “oh, kale is for lefties, red meat is for righties,” and all of that BS, when it comes to politics, there’s more to it than simply truth or falsehoods. A man can be completely truthful about their desire to deny rights to people based on the color of their skin or their sexual preference, or tell the honest truth about their belief that women deserve fewer rights than men because they deserve to be subjugated. There’s times when a right-leaning politician can definitely be discerned from a left-leaning one.

8 Likes

Scientific truth, then, since we’re splitting this hair. Truth in the purest sense. I can be completely honest that I told a lie about something. That’s not truth in the pure sense. Truth as in scientifically verifiable objective fact.

1 Like
1 Like

This. Stranger? It’s stronger in the USA. Figure that one out:

5 Likes

Fascinating, isn’t it? Placebos are stronger in the USA and growing stronger as a force, generally. And they also work when you know it’s a placebo and they even work in animals!!! I’m talking lab animals, not just pets that get fawned over by their owners. Explain that one. I have no idea why.

3 Likes

My guess? We’re getting closer to Bene Geserit levels of body control. We can’t be that many generations away from simply commanding our bodies to deal with disease, no medications required.

4 Likes

5 Likes

4 Likes

This whole series is interesting. Thanks for posting it.

This extend to the other complaints/common distrusts that the preppers and yogis have in common. Yogi homeschoolers distrust government schools that are pushing conformity, history teaching that encourages war and dominance, while prepper/dominionists hate that schools are undermining moral rectitude, obedience and are making children into soft, feminine sniwflakes. Prepper think GMOs are govt conspiracy to steal vitality and masculinity, for new agers its somehow killing the pure spirit of the thing and twisting its chi . I do obviously prefer the slightly more peaceful, and relatively more ooen minded new agers, but dang both hve their own spexial brand of impenetrble unsufferability.

2 Likes

Don’t Americans take more pills than people in comparable countries, though?

Maybe that feeds into this snake oil stuff, too: take something, anything, for what ails you.

1 Like

Beschizza: ‘You’d think Goop, Gwyneth Paltrow’s “lifestyle brand” for clean-freak whippies, and Infowars, Alex Jones’ conspiracy compendium for seething fascists, wouldn’t share much in common.’

Oh hell no, idiot conspiracy theorists are all more alike than different, it’s only what magical fairies they ascribe imaginary unseen forces to. At the bottom it’s all about rejecting evidence for what you want to be true - which Trump is the master of, Hollywood types are closer to him than anyone on this and the ‘do as I say not as I do’ axis.

I think your ‘horseshit theory’ term still covers it well, Rob.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.