The simple visual test that might predict political views

Dang reality and its well-known liberal bias.

3 Likes

Then how do you know there isn’t?

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Your study is dumb. Anyone could have guessed my political views based on my well-known fetish for the number 8.

3 Likes

Taxonomy is always controversial.

3 Likes

I apologize for my mistake. That sort of thing happens when all you have is some high school English.

But ellipses are still just debased circles.

1 Like

I’m just happy they used the word “deviant” so many times. That word doesn’t get out as often as it used to.

3 Likes

This is a slippery slope. If we decide that any shape with three vertexes is a triangle, what’s next? That it’s OK if the sum of the inner angles of any planar quadrilateral is 180 degrees? Or the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter is anywhere from 2.5 to 5? Think of the consequences for our children, people! Without traditional geometric values shaping (heh) their lives they’ll be lost.

4 Likes

A slight correction? You need to unlock those chains, and get out of the Cave!

1 Like

I’m not sure I see things from your perspective. What’s your angle, man?

2 Likes

I work for an engineering software company that does finite element analysis. A shape with three vertices is called a triangle, no matter what. I guess you can think of it as a triangle mapped to a non-planar surface, with the result that edges can be splines or polynomial curves or whatever.

It’s done that way because it’s right there in the name – representing the model with a finite number of elements. You don’t keep subdividing a curve into approximate triangles forever.

Since my previous job was in fairly low-level graphcis rendering stuff, where if you have the three vertices’ coordinates you know everything, this was pretty uncomfortable for a while. I mean, how do you even find the normal of a triangle on a curve? Bleh. (The answer is you leave it up to the actual engineers and their eldritch FORTRAN, say nothing, and drink to forget.)

8 Likes

15 Likes

.#notallshapes

2 Likes

I remember another report that said that Conservatives liked a smaller range of music compared to Liberals.

Shockingly, they had conservative music tastes.

1 Like

All those years watching Sesame Street. Being told over and over what a triangle is. Being drilled into my heart and soul.

For nothing.

8 Likes

I hate to break this to you, but it doesn’t stop at triangles.

8 Likes

I REFUSE to believe that. That’s… that’s a lie.
Big Bird loves me.

2 Likes

What sick filth is that?

4 Likes

BI-Curious

Normal is nothing but a database characteristic to me. Whether or not a given shape is close enough to be considered a member of a given set is entirely too situational to be accessed on a global level.

Also, missionary style, and only for procreation.