The Simpsons predicted 2020 including the murder hornets

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/07/the-simpsons-predicted-2020-in.html

3 Likes

Close enough. The social commentary remains quite accurate, right down to pushing grandma…

2 Likes

Not to mention the part about people resorting to firearms as a defense against viruses.

84DB902F-D13D-4DB5-A697-E1C0F1C8A910

11 Likes

CSB
Was camping in NH and after a night of…well let’s just say it was a night of…I found a glass of nice sparkling cider. Pffft, why let it go to waste? I like juice in the AM. Drank it without realizing that a hornet decided it wanted breakfast first and was still in there. Spat it out and crushed it, but it tagged me on the tongue first. Next hour sucked. No more hornets/wasps for me.
/CSB

3 Likes

Given the number of Simpsons episodes at this point, is this even surprising? It’s a bit like the old “an infinite number of monkeys on typewriters will eventually type out all known literature”. Which, I know the Simpsons referred to at one point. Specifically in Last Exit to Springfield, season 4, episode 17.

6 Likes

How soon can we stop using this stupid name? Asian Giant Hornet was sufficient until last Saturday.

3 Likes

Seem awfully sensitive about this. Are you secretly a hive of Hornets in a trench coat?
20200507_143135

8 Likes

it’s not our fault that “murder hornets” rolls off the tongue better.

1 Like

An old friend of mine called this statue in Edmonton “Churchill covered in Bees”

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.